What wheels? 4" Evo Enforcer lift with 37in toyos.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Hey guys. Having a hard time deciding what wheels i can use with my 37x13.5r17 toyo open country mts. Just a little background, I've got a 13 jkur 10a. Manual trans. Gonna roll with the stock gears (4.10) until my warranty is up in a little. Just a little info to help.

4" Evo enforcer (37in tire setup)
Drag Link flip
Bilstein 5100s

Looking into getting...
1350 Front DS
C Gussets
Rear adjustable control arms?

Was mainly looking for advice on backspacing and rim width to use with the wider tire.

I prefer beadlocks as ill be visiting Rausch Creek often, but i honestly don't plan on beating on her too hard. My two options in mind are...

17x9 ATX Slabs
17x8.5 Fuel Trophy (Non-Beadlock)

If anyone spots a problem with my intended setup please voice your opinion. Any advice is appreciated, thanks guys

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I'd go with the slabs for a 13.5" tire. And did you already have front lower control arms?

I run ATX Slabs with 37x12.5x17 Nittos. The Slabs have 3.5" backspacing and no need for spaces with my tires. I will guess that 13.5's would be fine as well with that backspace. If you go with more backspace - spacers will be needed.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Thanks for all the advice guys. I do like the atx's. The slabs have 3.5"backspacing and the chambers have 4.5 i believe. Not sure which i would be better off with as i don't know much about backspacing.

A easy way to look at backspacing is the smaller the number the further away the inside of your tire is away from the frame.

bkac

Caught the Bug
I installed the Enforcer this past weekend on 4.5 atx's. I really wish now i would have done the slabs. Hind sight is always 20/20. I personally would at least find something with 4.0 BS. Just my 2 cents. If you can swing it go slabs. You won't regret it at all.

sent to you from sunny central Oregon!

2011jk

Allied monster beadlocks...been running them for years. NO leaks. Check Pirate think I saw a set of 5 for sale.

olram30

You may have to adjust your steer stops with 13.5" tires and 4.5" back spacing to avoid rubbing on turns. The fuel is a skinny rim for that size tire also. The slabs would probably be your best bet with that particular tire.

olram30

Ok, just re read, do you have a aftermarket rear drive shaft? If so then the rear uppers are needed. But if you are running a rear factory shaft the factory uppers are fine.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks for all the advice guys. I do like the atx's. The slabs have 3.5"backspacing and the chambers have 4.5 i believe. Not sure which i would be better off with as i don't know much about backspacing.

chamber pros have 4" of backspacing

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
I am really grateful for all of your guys inputs. I went straight to the head of the horse and talked to jake at off-road evolution. He explained to me that i would be fine with either the slabs or the chambers. Both of the backspacing for them two choices will work with no rubbing. I don't need rear upper control arms because i have the factory rear driveshaft. I like the chambers because of the extra clearance due to backspacing (thank you for explaining that to me) but i like the slab special. I guess its a win win haha

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Double post oops.

But i just realized the slabs are the win win. I mixed up the backspacing between the two rims.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I am really grateful for all of your guys inputs. I went straight to the head of the horse and talked to jake at off-road evolution. He explained to me that i would be fine with either the slabs or the chambers. Both of the backspacing for them two choices will work with no rubbing. I don't need rear upper control arms because i have the factory rear driveshaft. I like the chambers because of the extra clearance due to backspacing (thank you for explaining that to me) but i like the slab special. I guess its a win win haha

if you like the chamber pros more than slabs you can get them for virtually the same price. if you use the 10% discount from northridge it comes out to only $30 more than the slab special. just something to think about.

olram30

if you like the chamber pros more than slabs you can get them for virtually the same price. if you use the 10% discount from northridge it comes out to only $30 more than the slab special. just something to think about.

after seeing yours and eddies chamber pro's, I'm really wanting these for our white jeep now. they really do look nice!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
You guys are killing me haha i cant decide

in all honesty it comes down to which wheel you think looks better. they both do the same thing and both made by the same company so you know the quality is top knotch.

i went with the chamber pro's because of state regualations saying that i cant have to much tire sticking out. also when i move up to a 13.5" wide mud grappler its not going to stick out as far as it would with the slabs. just something to think about. i have pics on my build thread for how far it sticks out now with a 12.5" wide tire if you wanna look

Top Bottom