D-ring opinion

kg4kpg

I bought a new set of EVO front d-ring mounts for my stubby bumper on my JK but no rings yet. A buddy gave me another set when he went to a different bumper. Anyone know the brand of the lower mount and if it's just a good of route to take over the EZO mounts and rings? I can't make up my mind but plan to sell the set I don't use.

7b7f545d88686952e61968277fcd1cfd_zpsafd231cc.jpg

JKWrang

The best part about the EVO mounts are that you can find a D ring to fit from multiple sources anx not just a XHD designed ring.

The EVO design is a time tested military D ring design with tons of field use and durability proven again and again. Go with that

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

SDG

Caught the Bug
Bottom one looks like to me it doesnt take the standard d ring that most people run, since yours is straight and doesnt have the neck in thats quite common. This could suck if you forget your rings and need to get a pull, or they get stolen. Are they bottom ones 3/4" holes? Reason I ask is the pin looks really small.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If you have a prolink or use a tow strap you still need to carry extra d rings since you aren't going to take a wrench to the lower ones. I think that is a horrible design by rugged ridge but that's just my opinion.

David1tontj

If you have a prolink or use a tow strap you still need to carry extra d rings since you aren't going to take a wrench to the lower ones. I think that is a horrible design by rugged ridge but that's just my opinion.

X2!

The lower one requires you to use a wrench or another d-ring, which sucks.
I often take one of the d-rings from the side I am not using to put on the other vehicle if they don't have one. With the lower option, you don't have that option.

Don't get me wrong, the lower one look stout, but from a practicality standpoint, I wouldn't do it.

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

I had bought the LoD armor lite series front stubby bumper. They came with similar dring mounts. The EVO mounts are beefier, so I ordered up a set of those to take the place of the LoD ones. Nice thing is they are very strong and use a standard dring, as others have commented.

Good luck with your build.

StrizzyChris

I had the lower set on my old JK and, while it was a VERY strong design based off a hummer's shackle, it does require that you carry more shackles to use with it like mentioned above. Really a personal preference, but I'd rather have the least metal on metal sliding points as possible (i.e. winch hook or eyelet to shackle to d-ringe) for a little added safety.

kg4kpg

Thanks guys. I think I'll keep the EVO's. I have the EVO rear mounts that go into the frame already so might as well brand match in the front.

Top Bottom