Too Much?

SFNick

Decided I needed a waterproof secure storage & had this sitting around the house. I don't use my backseat so decided to rip it out and stuff a Jobsite box in there. Still working on mounting it & the paint. Do you all think it might be a little too much?!?! Lol ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408024108.672473.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408024123.071791.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408024137.502780.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408024154.901917.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408024171.675640.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408024183.903287.jpg

Hobolobo

Do you use a rearview mirror to back up or for anything else? If not, and if you've got that much stuff to store and carry, looks good. May be a bit overkill tho, imho.

SFNick

Do you use a rearview mirror to back up or for anything else? If not, and if you've got that much stuff to store and carry, looks good. May be a bit overkill tho, imho.

I haven't used my rearview mirror since I installed the EVO tire Carrier. Lol the only downside, besides not being able to see out the back, is that I can't run my hardtop in the winter.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
IMO its to much but if you carry that much stuff with you all the time then i guess it isnt to much

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Nobody's gonna lift that puppy out of the back seat and go steppin' down the road with it, that's for sure. :thumb::thumb:for thinking outta the box (so to speak).:yup:

SFNick

:crazyeyes: That's Heavy how did you get that in there :thinking:

I had to take the roll cage apart to get it to fit & used a helicopter lol . It was a 2 man job lifting it into place. It's 48" wide & the opening 50" took the rear crossbar & roll bar center section pieces out.

David1tontj

A little much in my opinion. I can't really imagine needing THAT much storage unless you're using it for work, but in that case you would be way better off buying a cheap mini pickup and keeping the miles off your sweet jeep.. Those tires aren't cheap!

I bought a cheap designated work truck when I still lived in California, best decision ever.. Then I sold it for more than I bought it for..

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

David1tontj

Why not try keeping your seat and just putting the job box in the back instead if what you have there now?

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

SFNick

A little much in my opinion. I can't really imagine needing THAT much storage unless you're using it for work, but in that case you would be way better off buying a cheap mini pickup and keeping the miles off your sweet jeep.. Those tires aren't cheap!

I bought a cheap designated work truck when I still lived in California, best decision ever.. Then I sold it for more than I bought it for..

I have a Chevy Spark I drive all the time. Couldn't afford to drive the Jeep everyday! But I do live in a apartment so no garage & I keep my Top off most of the year just needed a secure water tight place to keep all my tools.

David1tontj

I have a Chevy Spark I drive all the time. Couldn't afford to drive the Jeep everyday! But I do live in a apartment so no garage & I keep my Top off most of the year just needed a secure water tight place to keep all my tools.

Gotcha.... That makes a little more sense. If it was like 8-12" shorter I think it would look good, maybe fire up the plasma cutter and welder?? Haha

It's your jeep, if it works for you and you like it, then go for it, just make sure to get it tied down reeeeeeaaaallly well... If not, it could kill you or your passenger or both- being that it is inside the cage designed to protect you.

Top Bottom