ProRock 44

Yeahright

I think this has been asked before but I can not find it, is a ProRock 44 sufficient for 37s when locked????
I am going to wheel my D30 on 35s until it dies and then upgrade and a 44 is about as big as the budget will allow.
I occasionally run some rocks, mostly just trails, never high speed stuff.

Dynatrac says you can run 37's with a prorock 44 but nothing bigger. The ring and pinion won't hold up if you wheel it hard with anything bigger then 37's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeahright

I think this has been asked before but I can not find it, is a ProRock 44 sufficient for 37s when locked????
I am going to wheel my D30 on 35s until it dies and then upgrade and a 44 is about as big as the budget will allow.
I occasionally run some rocks, mostly just trails, never high speed stuff.

Damn this should be in Jeep Tech, sorry

StrizzyChris

Anything COULD break. But based on what you're describing, a PR44 should be more than enough to meet all your needs and hold up just fine! :yup: :thumb:

JAGS

Hooked
As others have stated, the pr44 housing will be more than sufficient. Any proof needed, just take note that Eddie is now with a full DTD front suspension on rubiCAT turning 37s and chamber pro bead locks.

This said, to your question about being locked, you'll want to make sure you upgrade your axle shafts over stock and gear it properly if you plan on doing some serious wheeling.

- Jason

Yeahright

Thanks for the info, I do not wheel the car really hard, I have done 115000 kilometers on the D30 with 4.88s and 35s and have not broken anything yet, so 37s and a ProRock 44 should be strong enough for me, I tend to rely on the winch more that the locker, but in saying that when people are watching and I feel I have something to prove, I do have the odd moment of madness.

turbineguy

Thanks for the info, I do not wheel the car really hard, I have done 115000 kilometers on the D30 with 4.88s and 35s and have not broken anything yet, so 37s and a ProRock 44 should be strong enough for me, I tend to rely on the winch more that the locker, but in saying that when people are watching and I feel I have something to prove, I do have the odd moment of madness.

You wheel your "car" and it has a winch? kidding.

I have 37's on a Prorock 44 and hit a lot of rocks. No trouble yet, and I'm not light on the skinny pedal.

sean.m.adams33

I had a pr44 with 37's on the last jeep and let me tell you, it was more than adequate. It took a lot of lumps on the rocks and always came out swinging. Damn fine product. You will be more than impressed.

Grubbicon

I hear that the pr44 is a great axle but to me personally i know its more money but if your going to upgrade axles not worth doing unless its to at least a 60

Armydog

Ok, dumb question time. PR44 is better than the bastardized stock rubicon D44 on the pumpkin - so an upgrade will happen eventually. BUT the stock D44 in the rear - is it worth and upgrade to a D60? Or just run the 44 with better axles and an ARB?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I hear that the pr44 is a great axle but to me personally i know its more money but if your going to upgrade axles not worth doing unless its to at least a 60

I don't know if I'd agree with that at all. Sure, I run a ProRock 60 front and full float ProRock 80 in the rear of our white JK but, we're also pushing 40" tires and have a 6.2L LS under the hood. On our dozer JK, we have a ProRock 44 front and full float ProRock 60 in the rear and maybe I'm just a mall crawler but, it seems to be more than enough for my 37's and 3.6L motor. I wouldn't hesitate doing it again but, that's just me.

Grubbicon

I don't know if I'd agree with that at all. Sure, I run a ProRock 60 front and full float ProRock 80 in the rear of our white JK but, we're also pushing 40" tires and have a 6.2L LS under the hood. On our dozer JK, we have a ProRock 44 front and full float ProRock 60 in the rear and maybe I'm just a mall crawler but, it seems to be more than enough for my 37's and 3.6L motor. I wouldn't hesitate doing it again but, that's just me.

I would agree i think a pr44 would be enough but i know me being the way i am after a month or 2 im going to be kicking myself for not getting the 60

Armydog

Am I correct in thinking that Dynatrac can make a full float d60 rear?

Armydog

Yup... Just saw eddies previous post......guess it does exist

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, dumb question time. PR44 is better than the bastardized stock rubicon D44 on the pumpkin - so an upgrade will happen eventually. BUT the stock D44 in the rear - is it worth and upgrade to a D60? Or just run the 44 with better axles and an ARB?

Yes, a Dynatrac ProRock 44 is a LOT better than the factory Rubicon Dana 44 that still has Dana 30 tubes and end forgings. Being that you have a much lighter TJ, the factory rear Dana 44 will get the job done just fine.

I would agree i think a pr44 would be enough but i know me being the way i am after a month or 2 im going to be kicking myself for not getting the 60

Like I said, I'm just a mall crawler.

Am I correct in thinking that Dynatrac can make a full float d60 rear?

As you have seen, yes, it's what I have on the rear of Rubicat now.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
I was looking at the Pro Rock 44 on ORE website. i know after someone answers this for me i will feel like an idiot.. but for the Axle Configuration: what does it mean, or the difference in Standard, Unlimited, and Extreme Duty?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I was looking at the Pro Rock 44 on ORE website. i know after someone answers this for me i will feel like an idiot.. but for the Axle Configuration: what does it mean, or the difference in Standard, Unlimited, and Extreme Duty?

axle tube thickness. i would do the unlimited

I believe. And I could b wrong. That the unlimited alters the relationship between inner c ' and pinion angle. To account for added lift.

sent from...

Top Bottom