Rattle when turning left.

shadow21

I have a 2014 JKU Sport (2,100 miles on it) with a Rubicon Express 3.5" lift kit, 35" tires and stock drive shafts. I've recently noticed a loud rattle when I'm turning left going up a incline in my parking garage only. At first I thought it could be a loose shock or maybe my tires rubbing something easily explainable but everything has checked out. Now I have no clue what could cause this.

shadow21

Is it a click more than a rattle? Kinda sounds like a ujoint

It could possibly be a clicking with a rattle. There is def a rattle. I don't have any vibration when driving normally not when I turn on left or right on flat pavement. It's only when I turn left of a incline and the jeep for a a bit. If that makes sense.

jeeeep

Hooked
do you still have your stock pseudo lower guard/air dam on? also check your brake lines - you may need to have someone turn the wheel and slowly move it...

I had rubbing on the stock pseudo guard/air dam and was also rubbing the brake line when making a hard left. I trimmed the plastic (later removed it) and loosely zip tied the brake line out of the way

Sounds like a card in bicycle spokes?

shadow21

do you still have your stock pseudo lower guard/air dam on? also check your brake lines - you may need to have someone turn the wheel and slowly move it...

I had rubbing on the stock pseudo guard/air dam and was also rubbing the brake line when making a hard left. I trimmed the plastic (later removed it) and loosely zip tied the brake line out of the way

Sounds like a card in bicycle spokes?

No I don't have the air dam on but I'll check the brand line. Yes that's the sound that I'm getting lol

Do you feel it or just hear it.

I have the same sound and felt it as well. It was my tires rubbing in the LCA's. Rims did not have enough back spacing.

R/
Will

shadow21

Do you feel it or just hear it.

I have the same sound and felt it as well. It was my tires rubbing in the LCA's. Rims did not have enough back spacing.

R/
Will

I only heard it never feel it. I've checked for rubbing but no evidence of it. Did you have te sound when you turned both Left and Right? I'm only having it when I turn left and the jeep is going up a incline

jeeeep

Hooked
you'll need to have someone in the jeep making that left turn and moving slowly so you can see it.

I never saw any signs of rubbing but once I had a driver in the seat I was able to spot it

shadow21

you'll need to have someone in the jeep making that left turn and moving slowly so you can see it.

I never saw any signs of rubbing but once I had a driver in the seat I was able to spot it

Did this no rubbing at all. Could it be the steering stabilizer? I never changed that when I lifted the jeep.

jeeeep

Hooked
chances are it's the edge of the tire lugs catching on something so you wont see rubbing.
also check the ujoints on axle shafts.
another thing to check is the brake dust shield, if it's bent it'll catch when turning

Go Pro if you have one.

Light rubbing won't always be apparent. I was convinced I was rubbing my stock air dam when backing and turning but there was no sign of it. I finally got it to rub moving forward after stuffing the tire going over a small ledge. It turned out to be the stock front bumper and showed no signs until I jammed it against it. ( I know you don't have a stock number) I'm just saying that with a light rub you might not see any tell tails with out help from someone else.

dagdag

I have a 2014 JKU Sport (2,100 miles on it) with a Rubicon Express 3.5" lift kit, 35" tires and stock drive shafts. I've recently noticed a loud rattle when I'm turning left going up a incline in my parking garage only. At first I thought it could be a loose shock or maybe my tires rubbing something easily explainable but everything has checked out. Now I have no clue what could cause this.

Hello, I am having the exact same issue with my 2014 JKUR! Were you able to determine a cause? If so please share. Please don't let the sound of my own wheels drive me crazy!

Top Bottom