rear teraflex track bar bracket

JDDK

my Drivers side spring hits the trackbar bolt. Its a bolt on teraflex bracket. any ideas for an inexpensive fix?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
it just looks like the bracket isn't off set enough.
here is a picture of a off set bracket.
EVO-REAR-RCC-02_medium.jpg

Last edited:

JDDK

likely too far forward. rear springs do bend inward with stock arms and 3" springs. ya think adjustable rear CAs will fix it?

JDDK

its on my slow build/wish list/ hope the wife doesnt catch me- plan. I went with Metal cloak CAs, etc in the front end and I love it. Anyone running rear MC trackbar and CAs?

dannymalkin

I haven't had good experiences with that bracket, it hit my shock and was too close to the spring. I just took it off because it was hurting more than helping.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have never had an issue with my bracket. The only time I ran into an issue with the bracket and rear Trackbar is when I ran the rock krawler control arms.

The Evo bracket posted above. How high does it raise the rear track bar. Anybody know ?
I do like the angle for clearances.

One reason I like the TF bracket is the multiple holes to choose from. I have the 2 hole but there's a 3 hole one available.

JDDK

thinking more about the curved forward springs now...my weak logic says the longer raised springs have pushed the axle down farther from frame and the stock CAs have caused it to swing in towards the front end- right? So adjustable lowers would be lengthened to push it back. Using adjustable uppers to fix would require shortening more than stock length- right?
I don't know...

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
thinking more about the curved forward springs now...my weak logic says the longer raised springs have pushed the axle down farther from frame and the stock CAs have caused it to swing in towards the front end- right? So adjustable lowers would be lengthened to push it back. Using adjustable uppers to fix would require shortening more than stock length- right?
I don't know...

your stock control arms are fine and i wouldn't replace them.

David1tontj

View attachment 95937
makes a loud clunk alot...

Can you jack up the body on that corner and rotate the spring 180? Sometimes the center is not centered, meaning I won't sit exactly right on the bucket. If this is the case, you should be able to just spin it to get a little more clearance on That side.

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

I don't know...

Your axle will rotate up and pull in slightly with lift height.
lower arms set axle position and uppers set pinion angle. Installing CA's with a proper pinion angle is only going to make things worse. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408291558.676667.jpg

Check out coil correction wedges mentioned. I believe JKS offers bolt on coil buckets also

Here's a pic of the wedges.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The problem you are seeing is totally normal for the TeraFlex bracket. Depending on which hole you used when mounting your track bar will make a difference on whether or not it'll make noise. You should NOT need stupid correction wedges or even new control arms to address this as your problem is coming from the track bar bolt making contact with your coil.

Top Bottom