Nitto Trail Grapplers 37 12.50R17 Height

BDP849

I am in the market for a new set of tires. For the guys running the Nitto Trail Grapplers 37s, whats the actual measured height of the tire installed?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yea it will be about a 35" tire. Once you install and get it to the air pressure you want you will then know the true measurement for setting an aev procal or the like

ZuidJK

I am in the market for a new set of tires. For the guys running the Nitto Trail Grapplers 37s, whats the actual measured height of the tire installed?

Mine measured 36.85 inches at 32psi on a 17 inch atx slab wheel.

tapcola

I realize we don't buy JKs for the fuel economy but those of you running low on tire pressure don't notice a difference ?
I have tried the 26 to 28 range and found the ride didn't change much from the 35 to 40 range but I can pick up 2 or 3 mpg's .
I am running 35 mud graplers on ATX rims .:thinking: IMG_20140523_074313_601.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I realize we don't buy JKs for the fuel economy but those of you running low on tire pressure don't notice a difference ?
I have tried the 26 to 28 range and found the ride didn't change much from the 35 to 40 range but I can pick up 2 or 3 mpg's .
I am running 35 mud graplers on ATX rims .:thinking: View attachment 95996

I honestly saw no difference on my mud grapplers. Then again I'm not worried about my mpg. If I wanted better mpg I would run an a/t tire at the recommended psi

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Measured from the ground to the edge of the shoulder, the point where the side wall turns 90° to become the tread, a 37" Trail Grappler will measure up to about 35.5"... maybe just a hair more. Of course, measuring from the center of the wheel to the ground and then multiplying that by 2 will give you the same results and really, these are the ONLY two ways you can an accurate measurement and is what you should use when calibrating your speedometer.

Having said that, you should ALWAYS refer to what is written on the sidewalls when talking about tire size and lift height. In other words, a 2.5" lift will clear an advertised 35" tire that will have an actual measurement of about 33".

BDP849

Measured from the ground to the edge of the shoulder, the point where the side wall turns 90° to become the tread, a 37" Trail Grappler will measure up to about 35.5"... maybe just a hair more. Of course, measuring from the center of the wheel to the ground and then multiplying that by 2 will give you the same results and really, these are the ONLY two ways you can an accurate measurement and is what you should use when calibrating your speedometer.

Having said that, you should ALWAYS refer to what is written on the sidewalls when talking about tire size and lift height. In other words, a 2.5" lift will clear an advertised 35" tire that will have an actual measurement of about 33".

Thanks for the response, I really appreciate it.

Top Bottom