Is there risk of bending stuff having just inner c gussets installed?

Remlap

I didn't want to start a whole new thread since this is kind of on topic of what I'm asking anyway.

Is there risk of bending stuff having just inner c gussets installed? I only have 285/75 17's but still think I should put em' on just in case so I ordered them - using a reputable welding/fabrication company for install.

Thanks

I didn't want to start a whole new thread since this is kind of on topic of what I'm asking anyway.

Is there risk of bending stuff having just inner c gussets installed? I only have 285/75 17's but still think I should put em' on just in case so I ordered them - using a reputable welding/fabrication company for install.

Thanks

No sir .........

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Thanks

Usually the only risk with c's is the potential for melting your ball joints. It's very easy to prevent.

Remlap

Usually the only risk with c's is the potential for melting your ball joints. It's very easy to prevent.

Thanks guys, I'm guessing it will be obvious if the ball joints are damaged - the shop owner was familiar with my request so hopefully I won't be buying new ones.

Thanks guys, I'm guessing it will be obvious if the ball joints are damaged - the shop owner was familiar with my request so hopefully I won't be buying new ones.

It's a good time to replace the joints anyways. The factory ones are too good.

Remlap

It's a good time to replace the joints anyways. The factory ones are too good.

I heard they were shit to start with but wife is getting pissy about cash going out faster than coming in, damn Jeep thing that I don't quite understand yet.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I heard they were shit to start with but wife is getting pissy about cash going out faster than coming in, damn Jeep thing that I don't quite understand yet.

Look into the crown hd ball joints if you have a tight budget.

Remlap

Look into the crown hd ball joints if you have a tight budget.

I'll ride the stock ones out as long as I can, only 4k miles on it now - which are the best in case this welder makes me upgrade early?

Wife can't say shit if it ain't my fault...

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
It would appear so!

You'll be fine for a while. As long as he does it right, the backspacing of your wheels and tire size will be what breaks down your ball joints eventually.

Just tell him to go slow in short sections and quench the weld with a damp cloth to prevent too much heating of the plastic stock internals.

This, I did my own gussets at home and went very slow and took my time and my bj are still holding up around 19k but I think its soon time to upgrade. I am running 37s however.

Asmmns

Banned
if they are re-branded and are actually the same , then why is one set greasable and the Crowns do not appear to have zerk fittings ?

Asmmns

Banned
I guess they are the same.... if that is in fact a Crown

I searched and the Crown Bj's that showwed up for the JK did not appear to be greasable.

whiicch is why is recommened Synergy. I think i searched for greasaable joints and I dont recall seeingg the Crowns

My mistake. ;)

Asmmns

Banned
And... we are talking a five dollar difference. You guys made it sound like I was spending a few more bucks.. lol

Top Bottom