Hiding/concealing license plates

kevinp

Hi all,

Here's a question. I see it quite frequently. Folks shoot pics/vids of their Jeep, motorcycle, autocross car, etc etc, but they blur/hide/distort the license plate. Why? I mean, I drive among thousands of other vehicles a week and they can all see it, so it's a pretty public thing. What difference does it make if someone on line sees it? A lot of folks with even moderately built Jeeps personalize them. I have "LI'L GREEN" as a hood banner. I have a WAYALIFE windshield banner. Running, diving and geocaching stickers all over it. Tire carrier with a pink (used to be red) gerry can tool box attached, and so on. It stands out. So if someone wants to find out where I live, all they need to do is follow that very individual Jeep home. I mean, if their motives are nefarious, they better come well prepared, but that's their problem. I'd like to hear some input.

Thanks!
Kevin

2RedRigs

This topic comes up a lot. I don't hide mine. But I've seen people blur out a plate with random numbers and letters then get a personalized plate and plaster that all over the place. What changed? Hell if I know.

JKWrang

Privacy thing. The chances are slim someone will use your image to find you, but that possibility still doesnt sit well with certain folks.

Even though ive wheeled with a lot if the guys here, I still think of their jeep when I see theie screen name lol so idk, I wasnt concerned with mine being plastered on this site... what are they gonna do - steal my bilsteins?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Ive never really understood it, but I must say my favorite way to hide it is the usual craigslist version where you take a pic and your finger is over the plate :burst into laughter

Top Bottom