"CASPER" the Ghost build thread,

RickyI

It started last Labor Day, when the wife & I went looking and to test drive a new JKU. I wanted bright green and she wanted Red, and what we got was "Casper"! A white JKU fully loaded, that was her words, not mine! :) I could see many things that needed to be added to Casper the friendly ghost right from the get go! That is, when funds were available!

I wish I had done my homework a little better and got a JKUR, but the deal went so fast that I didn't even think about things that the Ruby has. Now I will need lockers along with other goodies that the ruby already has.... :( But, Casper needed a home that day because in less than a week he would be on a mission to south Texas to Dove hunt and then deer hunt Texas, Louisiana and Ala. in stock form, at least that is what the wife thought!:crazyeyes:

IMG_1510.jpg IMG_1511.jpg
Casper at the dealership.......

Ricky

RickyI

Within a few days, the bug shield went on and all rubber mats inside were installed for the dirt & mud and a spare tire cover IMG_1651.jpg ...... oh, and a place in the car shop for Casper to live! Move over pony car!
IMG_1514.jpg

RickyI

Then came the TeraFlex 2.5" lift and the Spider Web top for those sunny days in the sun.... IMG_1702.jpg IMG_2563.2014-05-21_115848.jpg

Then I had to have it all approved from my little jeep'in buddy, Ramsy my niece! IMG_1523.jpg IMG_1520.jpg

then came the KC lights and Rugged Ridge A Pillar switch pod & switches.... IMG_3006.2014-07-06_214754.jpg

Ricky

Attachments

• IMG_1695.jpg
    IMG_1695.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:

RickyI

Thanks guys!
That was a life long dream of mine to have a nice man cave/car shop to play in and at 55 years young, we build it..... I sold my mustang to start the build of Casper!

Ricky

RickyI

I also installed Spidertrax wheel spaces because I liked the 18" jeep rims, that is until Discount Tire showed us their new rims! I then installed Nitto 35's on Casper so he could sling a little mud better! Plus I had a little cleaning Casper up for his new shoes.... IMG_3033.2014-07-11_000634.jpg IMG_3084.2014-07-21_004025.jpg

Just this past weekend, I/we installed a Teraflex 1.25" body lift and a Cobra 25 w/ 3' firefly for our next trail ride and had a Flashpaq tune installed to help with the tires & gears.......... IMG_3195.2014-08-16_011029.jpg IMG_3101.2014-07-21_003726 small.JPG

Casper with his lift, new 35's, CB, and other goodies! Plus, his new WAYALIFE decals!:clap2:
Its been fun so far, next is gears & rear locker...
IMG_3196.2014-08-16_024301.jpg
Ricky

RickyI

I'm really diggin the garage

-Nicco

Thanks,
I spend last night & this morning in the shop installing a Teraflex HD tailgate hinge, wheel carrier and extended brake light brace... Then later this morning had my spare Nitto tire swapped on my rim and installed on the new carrier... ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408850421.423511.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408850545.173202.jpg

Ricky

RickyI

Yesterday the big Brown truck dropped off a box filled with goodies for Casper. Ordered and got some Drake Off Road Hood Hold Downs brackets and some Rugged Ridge Headlight & tail light protectors... I wanted the hood brackets and the wife liked the looks of the light protectors. Once on, they both look good to me!
hood b.JPG hood d.JPG hood e.JPG jeep hood 3.jpg

Ricky

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Your rig looks good! Coming along very nicely!

White ought to be a good color that won't show scratches if you ever earn any pinstripes. :yup:

RickyI

Your rig looks good! Coming along very nicely!

White ought to be a good color that won't show scratches if you ever earn any pinstripes. :yup:

Thanks,
I really didn't like White in the beginning, but it kind of grew on me..... like my shop, the build is taking a very long time... and with all my other hobbies going on, saving the dollars takes a while..... :)

You are right about the pinstripes, they do not show as much... last hunting season Casper was brand new and I tried to baby him through the logging roads, but this year, I will let him run & be wild.... :)

Ricky

Top Bottom