Biggest tire on stock jk wheel

Remlap

I just went through this with my buddy who works at Discount Tire (they are awesome).

The biggest their system allows is about 11.5 wide I think.

I was initially looking at 295/70 17's but the computer wouldn't allow it.

I wound up going with 285/75 17's, kind of an odd size but I really like the setup with 1.5" spidertrax spacers. Probably wouldn't rub on street but they would offroad for sure, 2.5" lift clears them very well as they stand just a smidge over 33" mounted and are only 11.25" wide.

I would trust them for safety concerns (seperation issues I think) but quite a bit wider would squeeze on there if you can find someone to mount em up.

JKWrang

this^^^ you can run any size tire (height wise) safely so long as it is no wider than 12.5"

Lots of guys run 35x1250 on rubu rims. NOT the aluminum 16x6. Throw those in the trash
EDIT: The aluminum reference is for later viewers with a sport)
Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

cmireles

Lots of guys run 35x1250 on rubu rims. NOT the aluminum 16x6. Throw those in the trash
EDIT: The aluminum reference is for later viewers with a sport)
Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

The optional aluminum is 17x7.5 I'm pretty sure, I have them. The steel wheels on the base model are the 16's

Remlap

Discount tire told me the biggest they would mount on stock wheel was a 315/70/17.

Interesting... this Discount Tire buddy of mine drinks a lot, but then again I do too therefore he or I both could be mistaken at any given moment haha.

Maybe the stores vary by region on what types of assholes are more likely to sue them, who knows... I understand the owner of DT has folks safety in mind over profit though too, my buddies worked there about 20 years, great company.

Anyway, I'm not saying anything over that size isn't safe or prone to separation problems as I have no idea about that personally - just going by what I was told by a trustworthy source - my drinking buddy!

StrizzyChris

All tires have a recommended rim width(i.e. 8"-11" wide rim for 12.5" wide x-brand tire) and if you ask any tire store if it can be installed over the phone....I'd venture to say that 99% of them will say no over the phone.

On the flip side. Show up with the wheels and say "put these on these" and 99% will just do it without typing a single key into the computer asking rim info.

Top Bottom