New Nitto Trail Grapplers Squeaky Creaky - what gives?

Mauiview

I just got some 35in Nitto Trail Grapplers for my 2013 JKU. They are mounted on Rugged Ridge 17x9' Rims. I am really liking the ride and the look, but man they are noisy, and I don't mean the hum of rolling down the road, I mean the squeak. This happens when the Jeep is moving at any speed, breaking, and turning. I jacked up the front and rear end and rotated the tires manually, and it doesn't happen.

Listen to this video and give me a hint of what I should do.

Any help appriciated.

Rccrwlr

Do you think it's the tire rubbing on the rock ring? Would only hear it when the tire bulges with pressure

--rccrwlr. ".....and that's it baby!"

Jackal01

Sounds like loose lug nuts. I have had this noise twice after rotating tires from a couple shops (with other vehicle). Checked my lug nuts and a couple were loose. Same exact sound.

Last edited:

09blackruby

I was thinking the tire rubbing the rock ring as well. Possibly loose lug nuts as just posted or do you have the proper lug nuts for the wheels? I'm not sure if the wheels are new to you as well. Just a thought.

Mauiview

Thanks for all the feedback. Those that suggested the rim protector/rock rim rubbing have the correct answer. I took them off after the suggestion and the sound goes away. The tire bead is thick enough that there must have been significant pressure to cause that squeak. Thanks for everyones help!

Top Bottom