Bedlined Rear Fender Wells

dwest80

Just wondering if you all have had success doing this. I'm planning on doing it tonight since modifying my existing liners looks like absolute crap with my XRC flat flares right now. Also, what has everyone done about the front fender liners with the XRC's? Anyway, I would love to hear everyone's input!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Personally, I wouldn't line the rear fender wells as they are mud magnets, difficult to clean and will look nasty in no time at all. For me, I just hit them up with some semi-gloss frame paint. Went on quickly, looks good and is easy to retouch. But hey, that's just me. Up front, I just tossed the liners.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Personally, I wouldn't line the rear fender wells as they are mud magnets, difficult to clean and will look nasty in no time at all. For me, I just hit them up with some semi-gloss frame paint. Went on quickly, looks good and is easy to retouch. But hey, that's just me. Up front, I just tossed the liners.

x2 on this. i just now retouched my rear fender wells with some frame paint and it looks good as new again. for the front i left my front liners in and trimmed them but thats because of all the mud we see out east here :crazyeyes:

Jackal01

x3

I did the same.

adamsnewone

I did mine with the rustoleam at Walmart and it turned out good. Not hard to clean. It's not a thick Bedliner. Message me your email and I'll send you some pics.

dwest80

I didn't get the notifications when you all replied for some reason, and I just finished the rear driver side with Bedliner 😭😭. Thank you for the input.

Rccrwlr

I did mine with the rustoleam at Walmart and it turned out good. Not hard to clean. It's not a thick Bedliner. Message me your email and I'll send you some pics.

Why not post them for all of use to see here?

--rccrwlr. ".....and that's it baby!"

adamsnewone

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408538274.740280.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408538304.392488.jpg
Sorry for the delay. Didn't have a pic last night. Haven't cleaned the wheel wells in a while. But my rails I just did, I cleaned them and they came clean good. I use rustoleam Bedliner from Walmart. Works great. Best one out of a can I've used. Dupli color takes too long to cure and is softer.

JKWrang

View attachment 96304
View attachment 96305
Sorry for the delay. Didn't have a pic last night. Haven't cleaned the wheel wells in a while. But my rails I just did, I cleaned them and they came clean good. I use rustoleam Bedliner from Walmart. Works great. Best one out of a can I've used. Dupli color takes too long to cure and is softer.

I love rustoleum paints, but duplicolor's spray tip is great

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

adamsnewone

I didn't have too much luck with the dupli color. It would spit a lot and not stay consistent. Could be because the Bedliner is a little thicker. Or possibly I got a bad can.

dwest80

I didn't have too much luck with the dupli color. It would spit a lot and not stay consistent. Could be because the Bedliner is a little thicker. Or possibly I got a bad can.

I went with the dupli color for the first time around, and looking at the first one this morning, it seems to look pretty good! I'll post pictures tonight of before and after on the passenger side.

dwest80

Sorry on the late post. The weather held me off a bit. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408743005.371294.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408743029.084064.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408743044.754455.jpg

Overall, I'm really happy with the end result!

Top Bottom