Front bumper

Dannyboy76

Front Bumper advise. So as my Jeep life goes on. I am now looking into replace my front bumper. But before I do that, I have question. Just so I can either be prepared for what is to come or what more I would need. Just so everybody knows. I have a 2.5” AEV lift. First questions, should I be ready for a different drive quality. What I mean, is that since some front bumpers are heavier will this mean that every time I hit a bump in the road am I going to feel it. Two, is there a way to prevent this. Three, other than installing the bumper should I also be looking at something else? I know that my front end might be weighed down now, is there something to correct that. So this is the new front bumpers I am looking at so far.
The Rampage Front Recovery Bumper. I think it might weigh about 100lbs. And the a lot more money AEV Front bumper which was about 98(really 100) lbs. Any and all advise would be great. I just want to know I am getting into before I do it.

adamsnewone

I didn't notice anymore harshness hitting bumps. It's not bad. It may sag your front end a little, but it won't be too noticeable.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I wouldn't say it handles differently, but It felt heavier up front when I put my bumper and winch.
And choose which ever bumper you will be happy with. Out of those 2 choices, I'd go with AEV personally.

jeeeep

Hooked
I didn't notice any difference with my HCR - I think it weighs about 80 lbs is all, it's held up well.

Got hit from the side, bumper took a big side impact but it just peeled the fender off the other vehicle and ended up with a bent lower skid and a couple of scratches on the bumper

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
I personally run the Rampage Recovery full widthbumper up front and have no complaints ......I like the fit and look of it with my stock fenders and 35" Toyos..........I will however need to go to a stubby front (EVO, PS, or LOD) in the future when I upgrade to bigger tires and axles.....

~Woodrow~

image.jpg
image.jpg

ruiner85

My coworker runs the aev, he has nothing but praise, they are a good company. For what it's worth, when I went from stock to lod front stinger, I didn't feel a difference.

ihaveemerged

I personally run the Rampage Recovery full widthbumper up front and have no complaints ......I like the fit and look of it with my stock fenders and 35" Toyos..........I will however need to go to a stubby front (EVO, PS, or LOD) in the future when I upgrade to bigger tires and axles.....

~Woodrow~

View attachment 96285
View attachment 96286

Nice Jeep! I’m getting the same bumper, looks great on your jeep

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom