Couple strange things with my 2014 JK

ca_14jk

Hi All,

A few weird things have happened to me in the last few months of owning of owning my JK (I am the only owner)

1. Was at a drive thru and the windows wouldn't roll down, but after turning off the car and back on this was resolved and hasn't happened again...yet.
2. Radio Froze 3 times, even restarting the car did not fix that, I had to take it apart the dash and unplug it. This happened before and after I got my Lock pick

Anyone else experience anything like this?

adamsnewone

No but we have had some electrical issues to add to it. Sometimes it will say the door is open even after I've closed all of them. Could be bad connection at the door. Hasn't done it in a while so not worrying about it now.
Also our mileage quit ticking. We would go on a 30 mile trip and mileage would be the same as when we left. Hit the trip and it goes to what it's supposed to be.
We didn't have a programmer on right after 35's installed. Putting my money on this, but it did it a couple times after installed, so not so sure.
Sorry not trying to steal your post, just adding some electrical issues to the mix.

ca_14jk

Sure, 2 times for about a total of 2 hrs, and that wasn't that bad more of a sprinkle. This year in SoCal rain has been scarce.

Last edited:
No but we have had some electrical issues to add to it. Sometimes it will say the door is open even after I've closed all of them. Could be bad connection at the door. Hasn't done it in a while so not worrying about it now.
Also our mileage quit ticking. We would go on a 30 mile trip and mileage would be the same as when we left. Hit the trip and it goes to what it's supposed to be.
We didn't have a programmer on right after 35's installed. Putting my money on this, but it did it a couple times after installed, so not so sure.
Sorry not trying to steal your post, just adding some electrical issues to the mix.

my door light would come on as well after playing in the dunes and in dusty areas. eventually went off after i blew air through the latches. also to add i have my edm light randomly go off too. ceck engine light. no idea why or how, but never on when im at the dealer or long enough to have it checked.

noroad

Sure, 2 times for about a total of 2 hrs, and that wasn't that bad more of a sprinkle. This year in CA rain has been scarce.

o ok was gona say my radio acts funny when it get rained on but then get better after it is dry!

JKBlackie

Hi All,

A few weird things have happened to me in the last few months of owning of owning my JK (I am the only owner)

1. Was at a drive thru and the windows wouldn't roll down, but after turning off the car and back on this was resolved and hasn't happened again...yet.
2. Radio Froze 3 times, even restarting the car did not fix that, I had to take it apart the dash and unplug it. This happened before and after I got my Lock pick

Anyone else experience anything like this?

My passenger side window did this a while back. It wouldn't roll up then I would try it later and it would be fine. It got worse and worse until it just stopped working altogether. I took it on and had go get the switch console in the middle replaced. It's been fine since then. Hope this helps!

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Do you have a hard or soft top? My 09 (edit: hardtop) leaked right in the middle between the freedom panels and messed with my radio a little. However, it always got better once it dried like noroad said. My guess (if you have a hardtop) that water is getting into your dash right in the middle causing the issues with your Windows and radio. Have you pulled the window switches and looked for water?

2014 JKUR

Top Bottom