EVO skids with LoD sliders

bkac

Caught the Bug
Just ordered the EVO protek skid kit for my 14 JKUr with an auto tranny. Has anyone mounted these up with a set of the LoD sliders? I have a feeling a modification might be needed when I remove the factory exhaust crossmember and bolt the new skid in place. I'm sure I'll figure something out but was wondering if someone has already figured it out...

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Just ordered the EVO protek skid kit for my 14 JKUr with an auto tranny. Has anyone mounted these up with a set of the LoD sliders? I have a feeling a modification might be needed when I remove the factory exhaust crossmember and bolt the new skid in place. I'm sure I'll figure something out but was wondering if someone has already figured it out...

im pretty sure there will be no issues but i wouldnt know since i dont have the LOD sliders. i know strizzychris has the lods but not sure if he runs the protek as well.

bkac

Caught the Bug
im pretty sure there will be no issues but i wouldnt know since i dont have the LOD sliders. i know strizzychris has the lods but not sure if he runs the protek as well.

I know the skids bolt right where the LoD front bottom side bolts are. Thanks for the reply.

StrizzyChris

Works just fine!

1408497324306.jpg

I mounted my sliders to the frame (because i never plan to remove the slider if i need to drop the skid) and then the skid over that. It does create a small gap along the frame and the skid but it doesn't bother me and works just fine. If you are anal and a perfectionist, you could get a 1/4 thick washer and drill a hole in the skid and tap the frame to secure the skid directly to the frame. I didn't mess with it and it hasn't been an issue.

1408497817052.jpg

I hit my passenger side quite a few times, very hard. Between that and attaching to the gas tank skid, its now secured to the frame ;)

1408497929261.jpg

bkac

Caught the Bug
Works just fine!

View attachment 96287

I mounted my sliders to the frame (because i never plan to remove the slider if i need to drop the skid) and then the skid over that. It does create a small gap along the frame and the skid but it doesn't bother me and works just fine. If you are anal and a perfectionist, you could get a 1/4 thick washer and drill a hole in the skid and tap the frame to secure the skid directly to the frame. I didn't mess with it and it hasn't been an issue.

View attachment 96289

I hit my passenger side quite a few times, very hard. Between that and attaching to the gas tank skid, its now secured to the frame ;)

View attachment 96290

That's exactly what i was looking for! Thanks

StrizzyChris

No problem! If you have any questions or if any pics are needed of any mods that I have installed, just ask and I'll shoot you what I can. :yup:

Works just fine!

View attachment 96287

View attachment 96289

View attachment 96290

Someday when Canvas grows up to be like Scorpion he will have the same set up.

How hard is it to touch up the pain on the EVO Protek skids? ;)

R/
Will

Top Bottom