Bent lower sway bar mount tab

Petzl88

Guys,

I was looking at my sway bar links today and noticed that the lower driver side mount tab is bent. I don't remember it being bent a few weeks ago. The sway bar link is kind of crooked too now as a result.

How did this happen? I have a 2 inch coil spacer in the front but don't have an adjustable trac bar. Any ideas what to do?

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 163

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like you might have tried flexing with your links connected. No big deal really - just disconnect the link, take a large crescent wrench to the tab and bend it back :yup:

Petzl88

Thanks guys. I have a 2" spacer up front and these are the JKS fixed length disconnects. They are for 2"-3" and they are a little too long but I plan on upsizing my lift to 3".

It is weird because I went wheeling 2 weeks ago disconnected and didn't notice that it was bent then. Well, this Saturday we went and hiked a 14er and the stupid access forest road was almost 15 miles long and really rough. I was probably going a little too fast and maybe that is where I bent it.

I will bend it back and take a look at the welds. Could anything else be the root cause? I assume that it will keep bending back to this position until it finally breaks.

Petzl88

Also, will it damage the rubber bushings on the links if they are at an extreme angle all of the time? Thanks.

StrizzyChris

As long as the links are the same length, then the length isn't the issue and the 2-3" lift links will be just fine.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, your links being long will not be a problem. Being too short and you will over extend them and taco your links. Bent tabs happen - it's not that big of a deal.

Petzl88

Thanks a lot guys. This forum is the best. Eddie, your write-ups and advice have been awesome and have helped me to enjoy the Wayalife.

1c2.JPG
1c1.jpg

Top Bottom