Hi-lift jack mount help

jeeprunner03

Hey guys I just got a 48" hi-lift jack and was wondering where the best place to mount it is? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BlueCopper

I've been putting mine under the rear seat when I hit the trails. Maybe not the best spot if you are short on space but it's free and it fits there nicely without rattling.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I've been putting mine under the rear seat when I hit the trails. Maybe not the best spot if you are short on space but it's free and it fits there nicely without rattling.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

X2 on this. It fits there quite nicely. I also have a cover for mine so it doesn't damage the carpet.

2014 JKUR

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys I just got a 48" hi-lift jack and was wondering where the best place to mount it is? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Can't tell for sure in your avatar but, do you have a TJ?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
you could mount it on the hood or possibly even inbetween the rear roll bars. i would suggest the latter because it keeps it out of the elements. if it can fit under the rear seat will work as well as others have mentioned.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I have seen them mounted where the rear bumper should be. I think it's the length is just about right on the TJ's.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have seen them mounted where the rear bumper should be. I think it's the length is just about right on the TJ's.

like this?
kilbymain.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! Man, that's a blast from the past!! :crazyeyes:

That definitely works and is cheap to do but it will reduce your departure angle. If you must carry a Hi-Lift, I might recommend mounting it inside across the back and secured to the roll bars. Mounting on the hood works too but, I'm not a big fan of that. If they made them, a tailgate hinge mount like they have for the JK is what I would prefer to do.

jeeprunner03

Thanks for all the help guys. I think I'm gonna mount it between the roll bars.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

pvanweelden

Here's a pic of a hi lift on the rear roll cage on my tj- mounted with muffler clamps
Drill two holes in the hi lift base that line up with the muffler clamp and then the other side had a bolt going through a small piece of metal and a hole in the hi lift, attached to a muffler clamp
Sorry don't have a pic of the other end :(
1403790560998.jpg

Top Bottom