Prerunner system and options...

sethccole

Does anyone one know of some good desert racing systems (~3" lift) that work well for a bit of rock crawling as well? I know Teraflex has one as well as EVO is a popular choice. I just don't want to break the bank. I'm looking for a complete (or Frankenstein) system for around $2500-$3500(at max).

Aaaannnnddd GO! :beer: :pop2:

Edit:
I've also prepared for a bunch of "you're an idiot" posts, so don't be shy about those either. Just trying to learn.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
EVO bolt on coilovers. done.

you also would possibly want to consider throwing in a new front axle like a PR44 into the mix tho as the smooth ride will allow you to drive faster and bend your stock axle over time

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! To be fair, a kit that includes foam in a can for air bumps is far from being a "pre-runner" system. Aside from that, there's absolutely NOTHING different from their long arm kit that would make it different than their normal long arm kit other than the "pre-runner" name. As far as EVO goes, I don't even think they would call anything that they have a "pre-runner" but, using all production suspension components, they were able to win the 535 mile Vegas to Reno race last weekend, was the fastest Jeep out there and even came in at 88 out of 304 vehicles that included trick trucks, buggies, UTV and motorcycles. As far as crawling goes, there is nothing else out there that even compares to what the EVO DTD will give you.

Having said all that, the price tag for an EVO DTD can be a bit out of reach for a lot of people but, their bolt-on coil over kit would be a close 2nd and still way better than foam in a can bump stops. And, the price for that is about in your ball park.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
The teraflex pre runner is a normal kit they added cheap ass beer can bump stops to it. it's still comes with the shitty joints and made in china parts.

It's hardly a real pre running kit. But I suppose you can call a terd in a toilet chocolate if you want.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The teraflex pre runner is a normal kit they added cheap ass beer can bump stops to it. it's still comes with the shitty joints and made in china parts.

It's hardly a real pre running kit. But I suppose you can call a terd in a toilet chocolate if you want.

:cheesy:

Essentially, this really is a TeraFlex airbump...

Add this to their normal long arm kit and you have a "pre-runner" kit :D

JAGS

Hooked
Not the same as the King EVO Spec COs or the DTD obviously. But you may be able to come in budget with the EVO Enforcer kit and some King 2.5s. Add in the King Bumps up front and you'll be able to have a better quality ride at a little faster speeds.

The main issue with either the COs or the Enforcer for that matter, will be the effect prolonged speed will have on your front axle. Guess you go with the "run it till you break it" mentality and throw some COs and bump stops. Might be slightly over your max and that also isn't taking any control arms into consideration. Speed aint cheap. ;)

Jk958

LOL!! To be fair, a kit that includes foam in a can for air bumps is far from being a "pre-runner" system. Aside from that, there's absolutely NOTHING different from their long arm kit that would make it different than their normal long arm kit other than the "pre-runner" name. As far as EVO goes, I don't even think they would call anything that they have a "pre-runner" but, using all production suspension components, they were able to win the 535 mile Vegas to Reno race last weekend, was the fastest Jeep out there and even came in at 88 out of 304 vehicles that included trick trucks, buggies, UTV and motorcycles. As far as crawling goes, there is nothing else out there that even compares to what the EVO DTD will give you.

Having said all that, the price tag for an EVO DTD can be a bit out of reach for a lot of people but, their bolt-on coil over kit would be a close 2nd and still way better than foam in a can bump stops. And, the price for that is about in your ball park.

That's gonna be my next step next year when I trade the kit with one of my limbs !!

Top Bottom