Color Decisions

StrizzyChris

I am going to the dealership tomorrow and will be placing my order VERY SOON. The last decision I am trying to make is between Gecko, Commando and Dozer. I cant make my mind up.

I wanted the Commando to be darker, like the rescue green. I like the color, but was disappointed it wasnt what I had expected/hoped. Gecko is a fun color, but I'm afraid its "playful" color will take away from how tough I want it to look when its all built. Dozer is great but I'm afraid I'll be holding it to a standard, and piggy bank, that it wont be able to keep up with<ahem WOL>!

WHAT SHOULD I DO!!! My gut is saying screw those pics and go commando! That mentality sure as hell worked well for me in college!:bleh:

AHHH Commando is really making its mark on me...especially since I havent seen one with any mods yet!

Last edited:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I say go commando! Hahahaha

But in all seriousness I think it'll be a good decision that will catch on and grow on you. I personally like the color and had the same feeling when I bought my rescue green JK. Now it's my all time favorite, besides the original military green of course.

JKsix

How does everyone have the funds to order and have multiple built JKs! Haha I need a new job.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
StrizzyChris said:
Gecko is a fun color, but I'm afraid its "playful" color will take away from how tough I want it to look when its all built.

You know that is the same thing I thought when I bought my jeep but in reality once I bought it and started building it up I realized that it looks way tough! Then I went and called it Orangegasmic haha. On a serious note I love the gecko green color and think it would be very bad ass when built up! :)

Prime8

SIXROCK said:
How does everyone have the funds to order and have multiple built JKs! Haha I need a new job.

Who has multiple? Pretty sure that Chris, like me, is replacing his current antiquated rig with a new one.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Commando!! Mark Allen just said in a recent interview Jeep finally figured out how to make production vehicles in flat finish, that will not scratch or show fingerprints. They were talking about making a true OD military green for productions

Last edited:

GCM 2

I like Gecko

I really don't know what the color options are other than the three you have listed. I saw a bone stock, steel wheels, soft top, Gecko, and it was a little too playful like you mentioned, actually looked kind of wimpy. However, after seeing Dave Roberts' (here on the forum) Gecko JK during this past JKX, I think he nailed his build down! The combination of contrasting black Poison Spyder bumpers, sliders, fenders, ATX wheels and beadlock rings, all sitting on those massive 40" Mud Grapplers make that thing more of a SEMA show vehicle than "playful". That green needs to be on a vehicle that will be nicley modded. I think with your plans for suspension, axles and tires no matter what color you decide upon its probably going to be pretty badass looking.

277401_10151106031498971_899228115_o.jpg

JAGS

Hooked

I'm with you. Just got my JK a few months ago and still strapped from down payment and the monthlies. These things are not cheap. Hey anyone, I'm looking for a sponsor who wants to build up my jeep!!! ha ha. No, but seriously..... I'd take sponsors or donations. :clap2:

As for the color question. I'd go commando and get your build done quickly so you can be one of the first to post modded pics. Then you'll set the standard! Looks like Gecko has already been done (nice build for the JKX rig). Be different!!:thumb:

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
...I'd go commando and get your build done quickly so you can be one of the first to post modded pics. Then you'll set the standard! Looks like Gecko has already been done (nice build for the JKX rig). Be different!!:thumb:

good point....go commando and set the standard...

StrizzyChris

Im a hustler baby...just want you to know. It aint where I've been. Its where I'm bout to go!

Commando!! Mark Allen just said in a recent interview Jeep finally figured out how to make production vehicles in flat finish, that will not scratch or show fingerprints. They were talking about making a true OD military green for productions

Im guessing this will be a special edition or something very expensive and unique. My heart wants this in a production vehicle, but my mind, and history, is telling me they will never do it.

good point....go commando and set the standard...

IU like where your heads at!

NOW im almost 100% sold!

koop2

Trust me I feel your pain im waiting on rugged brown and im dying on the inside! Im gone kill the Mt Lion and Build a Brown Bear!

FoxC

my votes for commando. I like gecko, but its just one of those colors thats a bit too much after a while. Or...maybe I'm just getting old...? :thinking: My 13 yr old says the gecko rocks...:rock:

Top Bottom