Electrical interference. Never heard before

jfallon1

I have a crazy electrical interference going on for some reason. http://youtu.be/h_KxzxeOVbI
This sound only happens when driving between 15-50mph. I've turned off and unplugged everything electrical (radio/sub, sPod, winch, ac, lights) and can't seem to figure it out. The noise completely stops in park and highway speeds. Nothing RPM related strictly driving. Any ideas? Thanks for any input.

jeeeep

Hooked
you've got a bad ground somewhere...even with everything turned off, double check your grounds and make sure they are all making good contact.

gripenfelter

Agreed, check your grounds and also route any major power wires away from audio type cables. Rule of thumb when I installed Car audio...power and ground routed down driver side, RCA and audio cabling down passenger.

JKWrang

Yup. Bad grounds make this happen. And like was mentioned, crossing power wires over other wires makes for noise like this too

Amything you recently installed or any grounds on installed items need to be checked asap - while they will still work itll be annoying forever.

My old pickup used to have interference like that... id hear the engine rev through my CB radio - just needed to ground it properly.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jfallon1

Thanks for the inputs. I have all the audio cables and power wires routed on opposite sides of the vehicle so that shouldn't be the problem. I guess I'll just go back and check on the grounds.

jfallon1

For anyone in the future who stumbles across this thread, it was the fins on the back of my light bar. I took tape and taped it up and it quit. I plan to shove something in between the fins every foot or so to keep them from vibrating.

jeeeep

Hooked
For anyone in the future who stumbles across this thread, it was the fins on the back of my light bar. I took tape and taped it up and it quit. I plan to shove something in between the fins every foot or so to keep them from vibrating.

wow, they must really be vibrating to send it through the Jeep body and make it sound like it did.

Maybe by design they are dual purpose - light bar and deer alert device :thinking:

Top Bottom