Double Throwdown

Jk958

Hello everyone. I have this obsession with the DTD system and I spend hours googling for pictures. Now. How would you guys thing it would work since I have a 2 dr. Does wheel base length would ever make a difference? I sometimes think it's not gonna work as good as it would work on an unlimited jk. I think I'm gonna go for the DTD In around April 2015 maybe before maybe later and I know it's too early to have this sort of thread going but gathering information first is best I guess.
Thanks

SDG

Caught the Bug
Well it will function as well as a vehicle can that has that much shorter of a wheel base. If you are truly using the DTD for hauling ass through the desert, a 2 dr will always be a little squirlier than a 4 dr. Thats just the facts I'm afraid.

Functionally they will be the same.

KenB1010

I ran the double throw downs on my 07 2 door for about 3 years and loved them. I ran them with long arms, 38" tires with about 5.5" of lift. I'll definately be running them on my 14 JK as well.

ScubaSteve

Well it will function as well as a vehicle can that has that much shorter of a wheel base. If you are truly using the DTD for hauling ass through the desert, a 2 dr will always be a little squirlier than a 4 dr. Thats just the facts I'm afraid.

Functionally they will be the same.

What size tires?

Jk958

I ran the double throw downs on my 07 2 door for about 3 years and loved them. I ran them with long arms, 38" tires with about 5.5" of lift. I'll definately be running them on my 14 JK as well.

How was it compared to the stock ? Excite me !!

GCM 2

Does not matter how many doors....

If you are looking at an "EVO Double Throw Down" for the front and rear, it is simply the best off the shelf suspension that has been available for the JK for years. How many doors the JK has is irrelevant, the DTD is the best you can put on a daily driver or dedicated trail rig.....in fact, you had better look at upgrading to a really great set of aftermarket axles like Dynatrac ProRock 44 front and a ProRock 60 rear at a minimum. With the increased capability that comes with running a coilover and a bypass shock at each corner, you are going to destroy a set of factory axles.

JAGS

Hooked
If you are looking at an "EVO Double Throw Down" for the front and rear, it is simply the best off the shelf suspension that has been available for the JK for years. How many doors the JK has is irrelevant, the DTD is the best you can put on a daily driver or dedicated trail rig.....in fact, you had better look at upgrading to a really great set of aftermarket axles like Dynatrac ProRock 44 front and a ProRock 60 rear at a minimum. With the increased capability that comes with running a coilover and a bypass shock at each corner, you are going to destroy a set of factory axles.

EVO fanboys talking again. There is no real world situational proof of the gobbly gook you speak. :cheesy:;)

LoPo

Caught the Bug
If you are looking at an "EVO Double Throw Down" for the front and rear, it is simply the best off the shelf suspension that has been available for the JK for years.

Better than a bolt-on CO system with 14" 2.5 CO's that make your rig look like an 80's bigfoot monster truck? :cheesy:

GCM 2

EVO fanboys talking again. There is no real world situational proof of the gobbly gook you speak. :cheesy:;)

I am searching the internet for proof..... Wait, see below post from LoPo proving my inaccuracy of touting the benefits of the EVO DTD

Better than a bolt-on CO system with 14" 2.5 CO's that make your rig look like an 80's bigfoot monster truck? :cheesy:

Well you got me, I totally forgot about this system :doh:

trailless

Caught the Bug

Do you think the PR44/PR60 should suffice? Or should I just go PR60s I have about a year left until I pay off my Jeep and I'll be looking to upgrade then?

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Do you think the PR44/PR60 should suffice? Or should I just go PR60s I have about a year left until I pay off my Jeep and I'll be looking to upgrade then?

Are you going to run 40's? If not, that setup should be fine.

GCM 2

As LoPo said \/\/\/

Are you going to run 40's? If not, that setup should be fine.

If your are running 40"s, your best insurance is just to start with a ProRock 60 front and Full Float ProRock 60 rear.

Jk958

Axle strength is taken care of, placed order or 2 axles from dynatrac. A pr44 and a TS60. Will see how it goes !! but for sure its gonna make my walled bleed ! :happy_crying:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
New ProRocks are a must as the speeds you'll be able to play at will ruin your factory ones in no time at all. As mentioned, a ProRock 44 and 60 will be fine up to a set of 37's but, if you plan on running 40" tires, I would strongly recommend that you get a ProRock 60 and full-float rear 60 or even 80.

If you can afford it, a good stretch would be a nice benefit too:
http://wayalife.com/forumdisplay.php?86-Vengeance

Top Bottom