Which half doors?

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
The ridiculously humid and scorching summer is coming to an end in Houston (someday) soon I hope. That means the top can come off again when the humidity does down a bit. I've been looking into half doors while my jeep has been gone in California. I like the rugged ridge doors but don't know how well they fit. Looked into the mopar doors and they cost a small fortune by the time you buy latches door handles and paint. Any recommendations?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
both are prob the best choices out there for half doors that offer upper windows. the mopar will be a tight fit like your full doors so its worth the cost. the RR ones look really great as well. MTG runs them. i havent seen him complain about them at all really. i heard the RR ones leak a little but not bad.

Bumble bee

Banned
My personal opinion is half doors just aren't worth the coin. Just go footless.

The 1/2 doors serve no purpose in my opinion.

jeeeep

Hooked
I saw some from strike force, they had a nice fit, forget how much for a set of 4 but if I recall correctly they were reasonable for all 4

I looked at a lot of 1/2 doors and gave up. I decided Texas weather doesn't offer enough good top/door off weather days - that and age :doh:

Strike force all the way. I love them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1408679350796.jpg
    1408679350796.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 248

JaySC

I have the strike force zebra doors. Bill Ball is a cool guy, but that's about it. If you are looking for super fragile doors that a girl can break (mine broke 2 doors), then strike force zebra is the choice for you.

P.S. I've had a couple of sfz doors replaced and ALL the latches repaired after each one broke. Also, doesn't sound like you'll have this weather issue, but don't bother trying to open them in very cold weather.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Go with the mopars. Hinrich found a set on eBay I believe. Still expensive but they have the best look.

X2, they look awesome

Yup found them on ebay, they were red however but were complete. Got them painted which wasn't cheap, but went to a good shop for $500. Buying for a 2 door is sure easier however. I liked the SFZ doors for the 3 times I ran them, but the seal fell off form just sitting inside and I decided to sell cuz I couldn't get uppers. I run the OEM doors 99% of the time now since they seal so well and that's what I wanted from the get go and couldn't be happier. It rains too much on the east coast to have a lot of leaks.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Sounds like it's going to be the RR Doors for me. It's a 3-4 month out of the year part and I can't justify spending nearly $5k after accessories and paint on half doors.

How does the interior plastic match up to the factory interior? Look cheesy?

MTG

Caught the Bug
Sounds like it's going to be the RR Doors for me. It's a 3-4 month out of the year part and I can't justify spending nearly $5k after accessories and paint on half doors.

How does the interior plastic match up to the factory interior? Look cheesy?

It's black plastic.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
I have these, in addition to our tube doors.
Why? My 2 year old didn't like being able to see the ground with our tube doors.
They are from Savvy. They are nice. I will (hopefully) paint them this winter. I just snapped my sector shaft so steering is of the utmost importance right now. :icon_crazy:

20140715_120552_zpsf7807608.jpg

FB_IMG_14015484222395635_zps6bbe6eea.jpg

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I have these, in addition to our tube doors.
Why? My 2 year old didn't like being able to see the ground with our tube doors.
They are from Savvy. They are nice. I will (hopefully) paint them this winter. I just snapped my sector shaft so steering is of the utmost importance right now. :icon_crazy:

20140715_120552_zpsf7807608.jpg

FB_IMG_14015484222395635_zps6bbe6eea.jpg

The price on those aluminum doors is actually pretty decent. Looks good!

Rancho

Caught the Bug
They fit really well. It takes a little tweaking of the hinges/latch to dial them in. Also tighten down all the screws... I didn't and had a door open while driving. :eek: Also another thing I did was new bushing inserts on the doors. After just one winter I couldn't get the doors off. Popped out the old inserts and threw some Delrin ones in. Another thing that was spendy but dang, worth it.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
They fit really well. It takes a little tweaking of the hinges/latch to dial them in. Also tighten down all the screws... I didn't and had a door open while driving. :eek: Also another thing I did was new bushing inserts on the doors. After just one winter I couldn't get the doors off. Popped out the old inserts and threw some Delrin ones in. Another thing that was spendy but dang, worth it.

Mind sharing where you got those inserts? It's a battle here on the east coast.

Those savvy doors look great, I was gonna go with those but wanted an upper too bad.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
I went with these guys. There are probably cheaper options, but on the exhaust side (DynoMax) they do a lot with ULTRA4 guys, and I have a soft spot for that series. I soaked the stock ones and then used a long 9mm socket to pop them out.... and the last one took a LONG time. Ha!
And I hear you on uppers... PS congrats on the eBay score too!!

20140715_120341_zps9dbcf018.jpg

Mind sharing where you got those inserts? It's a battle here on the east coast.

Those savvy doors look great, I was gonna go with those but wanted an upper too bad.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I went with these guys. There are probably cheaper options, but on the exhaust side (DynoMax) they do a lot with ULTRA4 guys, and I have a soft spot for that series. I soaked the stock ones and then used a long 9mm socket to pop them out.... and the last one took a LONG time. Ha!
And I hear you on uppers... PS congrats on the eBay score too!!

20140715_120341_zps9dbcf018.jpg

Thanks man, ordered a set today. After chipping paint from trying to get my halfs off before sending the jeep to the body shop, deff worth the price if these work that well.

Top Bottom