Oil Filter Pedestal defect

Wankel

Hey guys, I didn't see anything on here about the issue but I just got our 2014 JK back from the dealer and it seems like there may be a problem with the oil filter pedestal. It sprung a major leak on us out of nowhere.

The invoice says 68105583AA Adapter-Engine Oil Filter.

They replaced that part as well as the oil cooler assembly, I found some info on the JK forum when I did a google search, one guy was warning people about it but they flamed him. Turns out the problem is real and someone mentioned a plastic redesign. Our JK only has 4k miles on it so I think it could be a potential recall.

Wankel

Yeah kinda like that, mine is all factory though so its not the wrong one being put in by the owner or dealer, they are being sold like this.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yeah kinda like that, mine is all factory though so its not the wrong one being put in by the owner or dealer, they are being sold like this.

huh weird. guess it was a mix up at the factory then. i would bring it to the dealer and mention that the wrong filter is on the jeep and see if they will replace it for fre.e

JKWrang

huh weird. guess it was a mix up at the factory then. i would bring it to the dealer and mention that the wrong filter is on the jeep and see if they will replace it for fre.e

They should - itd be a warranty issue. I think there is a difference between normal wear and a catastrophic failure

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wankel

Yeah they fixed it already, it is a brand new JK after all, they better replace it for free! :shock: Yeah maybe they put in the 2011-13 ones (0518429AE) instead of the 2014 ones from the factory. Looks like the one on my invoice is indeed for 2014, so thats good.

What made me the most upset is that the dealer didn't offer to wash it, change the oil OR clean up the undertray. They told me to take it to a freaking car wash.... I was like you are kidding me right? Worst dealer ever, I wanted to take it to where we bought it but its like 20 miles away and didn't want to risk driving it with the leak.

The crappy dealer if anyone wants to know is Scott Robinson in Torrance, CA. I actually went there to window shop before we pulled the trigger on one, looked at every single JK they had on the lot and not once did someone come out to greet us. Really pathetic.

Top Bottom