check up time!!

noroad

I was wondering what you guys do at 50,000 miles as i am getting pretty close! Do you guys change spark plugs and coils? any belts or sensors? Just figured i might ask before something lets go on the trail! I have changed the tanny and transfer-case fluids and the diff is getting changeds soon!

JKWrang

I was wondering what you guys do at 50,000 miles as i am getting pretty close! Do you guys change spark plugs and coils? any belts or sensors? Just figured i might ask before something lets go on the trail! I have changed the tanny and transfer-case fluids and the diff is getting changeds soon!

All if the above

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
pull a plug and take a look at it's condition - they normally will last but it depends on the fuel, when I upgraded my coil and wires I replaced the plugs but they didn't look bad when I pulled them at about the same mileage you are now. maybe run injector cleaner through the system.

seeing that you're in a winter area - I'd also check

brake pads

if you have a lift - check all your bolt torques

Belt - cracks or abnormal wear

check the condition of your battery cables and body grounds make sure they all look clean no rust etc...

may even have your battery tested - I didn't look to see what year your Jeep was.

Throttle body - mine gets dirty fast - I'm beginning to think it's the CAI causing this - my buddies doesn't seem to get as dirty with his stock filter but he also doesn't drive as many miles.

have fun, cheers :beer:

noroad

pull a plug and take a look at it's condition - they normally will last but it depends on the fuel, when I upgraded my coil and wires I replaced the plugs but they didn't look bad when I pulled them at about the same mileage you are now. maybe run injector cleaner through the system.

seeing that you're in a winter area - I'd also check

brake pads

if you have a lift - check all your bolt torques

Belt - cracks or abnormal wear

check the condition of your battery cables and body grounds make sure they all look clean no rust etc...

may even have your battery tested - I didn't look to see what year your Jeep was.

Throttle body - mine gets dirty fast - I'm beginning to think it's the CAI causing this - my buddies doesn't seem to get as dirty with his stock filter but he also doesn't drive as many miles.

have fun, cheers :beer:

Thank you a all noted!!!

utiadam

LOSER
I would do plugs and fluids. Only do coils if you are having misfire issues. Only do the drive belt if it has cracks in it.

utiadam

LOSER
Wouldnt it just make sence to do the coils if everything is already off tho?

Well it depends how much they are. I work for Mercedes as a tech and we only replace individual coils if they fail. Our regular coils are like $200 each and the v12 coils can be around $2,000.

noroad

Well it depends how much they are. I work for Mercedes as a tech and we only replace individual coils if they fail. Our regular coils are like $200 each and the v12 coils can be around $2,000.

think that are about 20 bucks lol!

DA RUNT

Don't forget the coveted blinker fluid change, and you should re-check you pinion angles. You should also service your level before hand using level refill w/ bubble :cheesy:

noroad

Don't forget the coveted blinker fluid change, and you should re-check you pinion angles. You should also service your level before hand using level refill w/ bubble :cheesy:

I totally for got about the blinker fluid change damn, have to ask the auto zone guys for a print out on that! :cheesy::cheesy:

bkac

Caught the Bug
Muffler bearings. That's it. :yup:

Those can get expensive if you don't service them regularly! Still haven't been able to find an aftermarket replacement. Idk...:confused:

Sent from my SCH-I925 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Zstairlessone

My plugs were still good at 110,000 but I changed them then anyway, climb all over and under it and check bushings, bolts, clamps, welds etc. a lot of little stuff that isn't in the OM probably needs care now depending on how you use it. Coils will either be good or not I wouldn't change them unless you have an issue. Look at (change) your PCV valve, that's one of the things I won't wait for failure - cheap insurance and not hard to do

Top Bottom