Outer tierod end slight bend?

robx251

Caught the Bug
I am unsure but this doesn't look right to me my outer tierod end from the pitman arm to the knucle has a slight upwards bend to it. Is this correct?
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1408834199852.jpg
    1408834199852.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 1408834221194.jpg
    1408834221194.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 108

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Could be. Maybe it's the angle of the picture but it looks like it bends down and then back up just after the turnbuckle in the first picture. Probably the angle and I'm on my phone.

Yeah, I see what you're saying but, I think the angle of the shot is making the outward bend look more pronounced and in a way to suggest it's bending up. I could be wrong though.

robx251

Caught the Bug
Well I was curious because after the last time I went out wheeling my steering wheel was about 15 to 20 degrees Off Center after i hook up my sway bars and aired up I'm looking for causes. Any thoughts?

JAGS

Hooked
Well I was curious because after the last time I went out wheeling my steering wheel was about 15 to 20 degrees Off Center after i hook up my sway bars and aired up I'm looking for causes. Any thoughts?

You just need to realign/recenter your steering wheel. Pretty common occurrence and Eddie has a right up for it. Super easy. Even I was able to do it.

- Jason

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Try to align the open seam on the turn buckle with the brackets that bolt down. It sometimes helps to reduce slipping and tightens better.
It's a little trick overlander pointed out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom