EVO Coilover Question: Bolt on vs DTD

Hello.

Can someone weigh in here: Is the coilover used in the bolt on kit for the front axle the same one used in the weld in DTD kit? IS the coil placement also relatively the same?

Im asking this as I cannot afford to do a DTD right now, but perhaps I can do the weld in DTD bracket in the front, and then add the bypass shock later.

For the rear axle, I guess Im kinda stuck. Bolt ons now, then those will be scrapped for a new coilover set when I can afford to go to an EVOLever.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They are not the same. If you want to eventually run DTD's, I would just get the brackets for it and run single coil overs until you can afford the bypass shocks.

StrizzyChris

It's not an option on ORE's website, but you can call Drew or message him on here directly for the price of the DTD system with coilover only. Just remember that the DTD system is NOT bolt on and will require quite a bit of welding.

So, Im kinda confused. For the front axle setup, what is the difference between the bolt on coilover itself and the coilover used in the DTD setup? I know the front axle DTD setup requires welding the brackets on vs bolting them on. Other than the attach points, is the bypass shock integrated via lines to the coilover, or is the length, valving different between the 2 setups?.

Sorry for all of these questions. Just trying to understand. I want to work my way towards a final build, and not have to do a complete throw away of the bolt ons if it can be helped when I can afford to go complete DTD...

Thanks guys.....

StrizzyChris

So, Im kinda confused. For the front axle setup, what is the difference between the bolt on coilover itself and the coilover used in the DTD setup?

That's a question maybe Eddie or Drew will have to answer. I believe the DTD coilover is longer due to the frame side bracket being higher and further back, but I'm not certain.

I know the front axle DTD setup requires welding the brackets on vs bolting them on.

The DTD has welded on tabs at the axle and the bolt on kit has a bracket that attaches to the stock shock bracket and moves the coilover axle side mounting point closer to the tire.

1408903793663.jpg

Other than the attach points, is the bypass shock integrated via lines to the coilover,

The bypass shock and the coilover in any set up are never attached to each other by any hoses. If they have reservoirs, they have their own independent ones.

or is the length, valving different between the 2 setups?.

Another question for Drew I am not sure.

Sorry for all of these questions. Just trying to understand. I want to work my way towards a final build, and not have to do a complete throw away of the bolt ons if it can be helped when I can afford to go complete DTD...

Thanks guys.....

Ask away...we(I) don't mind!

Top Bottom