Sway bar shift after e-disco rotation

Coloradan

Hey everybody,
After installing my EVO Quarter Pounder with EVO vacuum pump relocation bracket and rotating my electronic sway bar motor out of the way my whole sway bar has shifted towards the passenger side about 3/4 of an inch. I installed it exactly where it should be, but the process of backing out of the garage has moved the whole assembly towards the passenger side. Has anybody else experienced this or know how to fix it? Right now my sway bar on the driver side is going to contact the metal tube that sticks out of the frame if the wheel articulates upward even 2".

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Looks like ur sway bar is not in the middle! you need to move it on or out on one .side

This^^ looks like it's I far to the passenger side. Loosen the bolts a bit, bang it over a hair, then tighten it back down really good

Coloradan

This^^ looks like it's I far to the passenger side. Loosen the bolts a bit, bang it over a hair, then tighten it back down really good

That's what I thought. I moved it with a crowbar and tightened it back down but it keeps moving back over to the passenger side.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You don't even need to loosen the bolts. Just take a pry bar to it and pry it over. :yup:

noroad

Is there any way to keep it from moving back over to the passenger side though? It would need to be pried back into place every ten miles

I have found it a couple times shifted over on mine, just move it back and check it every so often very easy to spot!

Coloradan

I have found it a couple times shifted over on mine, just move it back and check it every so often very easy to spot!

Oh I know when it's over too far, the sway bar contacts the frame and it's a pretty jarring bump. There must be some long-term solution though, I'm debating putting some sort of rubber bump-stop between my frame and the e-disco motor to stop it from sliding. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408924482.384086.jpg

Coloradan

Ok, I uses the GoPro to see what was going on and the drag link is hitting the e-disco when I turn right. Will anything happen if I turn the connector a quarter turn backwards to get the bolts out of the way? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408925195.475876.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408925209.187686.jpg

JKbrick

Oh mine is an 09 so didn't have that to deal with. I don't recall where I saw them but have seen a piece that clamps around the sway bar to keep it from doing that, but it seems odd it does it just on a little drive down the street. Mine doesn't seem like it has ever shifted

Coloradan

Oh mine is an 09 so didn't have that to deal with. I don't recall where I saw them but have seen a piece that clamps around the sway bar to keep it from doing that, but it seems odd it does it just on a little drive down the street. Mine doesn't seem like it has ever shifted

Mine is only doing it because the drag link is touching the now-flipped e-disco when I turn right. Without the spacers, it probably wouldn't touch anything. I might have to find a different solution for a relocation bracket so I can eliminate the spacers.

SaddleTramp

If it's just the drag link clamp bolt ends hitting it, you can take them out and put them through the clamp going the opposite direction if that makes sense. Just do one at a time so the clamp doesn't turn and move your steering wheel setting. When I've adjusted my castor, I've had to flip the bolts around to keep them out of my hydro assist steering cooler depending on where they end up to straighten the wheel.

Top Bottom