Mopar lift anyone?

JRoc

If I could ask for some help from those of you who krawl and know suspensions well...

I am getting ready to commense my Jeep build. I am looking at ordering a new JKURx. My initial plan is to have the dealer install a 4" Mopar with the Fox shocks. I want to go with 37" tires. I am planning on an additional 1" body spacer and 1" wheel spacers with flat fender flares to accomodate. My hesitation with the lift kit is, I much rather prefer a LA kit, EVO for example but the appeal to have it installed prior to taking deliver and wrapped in the deal has me struggling with this decision.

How much am I going to lose if I go with the MOPAR instead of a LA kit? Anyone have any specific issues with the MOPAR kit and/or Fox shocks?

Thank you in andvance for everyone's input!

-JRoc

Sharkey

Word Ninja
You are going to pay way too much for what you are getting. Dealership parts and labor prices are insane. Contrary to the line of crap I'm sure your dealer is telling you, it will not be covered by the Chrysler warranty.

If you are doing this to finance the lift then you are going to pay even more for the lift because of the interest.

Save your money, buy and install the EVO Enforcer with King 2.5's yourself. You'll know more about your Jeep and you will be getting a much better package.

If you want specific thoughts about what is included in the lift, tell us which specific package you are looking at.

And you shouldn't need a body spacer to run 37's at that height with flat fenders.

But you will need a new front driveshaft.

Last edited:

JRoc

Evo Enforcer Kit

After looking into the Evo kit with the King 2.5, $3,200 seems very reasonable. I don't NEED to finance so that is not a major hurdle. I simply thought it may be convenient. Like I said, was weary about what I would be getting from the Mopar kit. The Mopar kit is apparently a stage 3 setup that was a Fox, Teraflex co-op kit put together specifically for Mopar. All I could find online was a 3" kit, however, the dealer assures me it is a 4" kit that they would be installing if I were to elect for them to do so.

In your opinion, will this particular Evo kit be a proper kit for krawling out west? I'd rather spend a little more now that to have to buy something twice. How much overall lift and articulation should this lift allow? Will I need to change out both front and rear shafts? Which shaft would you recommend?

Thanks again! I really appreciate it.

sean.m.adams33

That kit will surprise you (the evo enforcer that is). Check out some of the videos on the forum and some of the other builds. The enforcer will easily handle the rocks.

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
I had the 2 inch mopar with Bilsteins from the dealer. It was ok for 35s and was able to do most but toughest trails. The kits not warranted like sharkey said. But depending on your dealer they could use a bs excuse to affect the warranty if the dealer doesn't install it. I'm now on my third kit. EVO bolt on coilovers and many thousands of dollars later and on 37s. With hind sight, I should have gone with EVO in the first place.

On the warranty front. It really varies dealer to dealer. Some are a!?xoles, others are reasonable. I got lucky because mine still takes care of me under my extended warranty, even though I'm considered highly modified.

One key question to ask your dealer is. If they are providing the 37 s as part of the package. Do they fully continue the warranty? The 37s can affect other things that they will blame to void the warranty.

And sharkeys spot on. You will not need more than 4" and 37s to do just about anything in the West.

JRoc

EVO Equipment

I had the 2 inch mopar with Bilsteins from the dealer. It was ok for 35s and was able to do most but toughest trails. The kits not warranted like sharkey said. But depending on your dealer they could use a bs excuse to affect the warranty if the dealer doesn't install it. I'm now on my third kit. EVO bolt on coilovers and many thousands of dollars later and on 37s. With hind sight, I should have gone with EVO in the first place.

On the warranty front. It really varies dealer to dealer. Some are a!?xoles, others are reasonable. I got lucky because mine still takes care of me under my extended warranty, even though I'm considered highly modified.

One key question to ask your dealer is. If they are providing the 37 s as part of the package. Do they fully continue the warranty? The 37s can affect other things that they will blame to void the warranty.

And sharkeys spot on. You will not need more than 4" and 37s to do just about anything in the West.

Thank you for your insight. I like everything that I am seeing on the enforcer kit and I've decided to just pay cash for the build, with exception of the Jeep itself...I'm looking at all possibilities for bumpers, carriers, sliders, etc...I keep coming back to Evo. I have yet to find anything that I like better. Another quick question for those of you who are already familiar with Evo equipment... in regards to the Rear Rock Skins... I would like to have only the skins on the rear and have no fender flares. I have seen pictures of both. Is this possible with the standard Rear Rock Skins? I want it to look flush, obviously.

Clarificaton would be much appreciated. Thanks again.

Top Bottom