What brand wheel spacers to buy????

YKNJCK

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere but I can't find it. Does anyone have input on what brand to get or not get and why? I've been looking at the 1.5" Poison Spyder and Spidertrax on Northridge 4x4's site. Haven't seen the benefits of one over the other.

gleno99

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere but I can't find it. Does anyone have input on what brand to get or not get and why? I've been looking at the 1.5" Poison Spyder and Spidertrax on Northridge 4x4's site. Haven't seen the benefits of one over the other.

I had spidertrax for 20k miles before I bought new wheels with no issues.

Panda

You can't go wrong with the spidertrax, quality product and the locktite is included :yup:

YKNJCK

So the next question is........Spidertrax also offers a 1.75" spacer. I am going to be running 35"s on stock rims with 3" lift. Any pros or cons to going with it over the 1.5"?

StrizzyChris

So the next question is........Spidertrax also offers a 1.75" spacer. I am going to be running 35"s on stock rims with 3" lift. Any pros or cons to going with it over the 1.5"?

A basic coil lift? If so I would stick with the 1.5". The more you push the tire/wheel out=more stress on your ball joints.

Panda

With stock rims I'd go with the 1.75, wider is better, more stable and better cornering

Panda

A basic coil lift? If so I would stick with the 1.5". The more you push the tire/wheel out=more stress on your ball joints.

With 35's and any spacers it's gonna wear more on ball joints and bearings anywho right? That stuff is easy to replace, IMO I think it's worth the performance

StrizzyChris

With 35's and any spacers it's gonna wear more on ball joints and bearings anywho right? That stuff is easy to replace, IMO I think it's worth the performance

NO! (I just wanted to say no to you) I do like to mitigate any wear that is at all possible and while you may get a WEEE bit more stability from that .25", I don't think its enough to notice or save your butt on the trail. I would have to talk to an engineer and a physics professor to figure out the degrees of camber you could achieve before rollover with that .25" or the extimated BJ failure time vs .25" smaller spacer.....but I do know that the 0.25" will cause more wear on the BJ, I just don't know how much faster it will cause failure. What I DO know is that I love to create a paragraph about a trivial 0.25" and the fact that you fallowed along if you have reached this point....whoever may be reading to this point.

This is a 2 piece adapter and not a standard spacer like the OP is asking about. BUT this is good info for anyone running a spacer LESS than 1.5" because at that point the same problem will arise and you will need to trim your stock lug bolts to just below flush with the thinner spacer.

SilverBack

This is a 2 piece adapter and not a standard spacer like the OP is asking about. BUT this is good info for anyone running a spacer LESS than 1.5" because at that point the same problem will arise and you will need to trim your stock lug bolts to just below flush with the thinner spacer.[/QUOTE]

I was hoping to get that point across. Need to watch the mated surfaces....!

StrizzyChris

I was hoping to get that point across. Need to watch the mated surfaces....!

Oh I agree with you...it's a good point to bring up that others hadn't so far. I just wanted OP to not freak out when his spacer comes in the mail and it is super simple and doesn't have this many parts. :thumb:

Panda

NO! (I just wanted to say no to you) I do like to mitigate any wear that is at all possible and while you may get a WEEE bit more stability from that .25", I don't think its enough to notice or save your butt on the trail. I would have to talk to an engineer and a physics professor to figure out the degrees of camber you could achieve before rollover with that .25" or the extimated BJ failure time vs .25" smaller spacer.....but I do know that the 0.25" will cause more wear on the BJ, I just don't know how much faster it will cause failure. What I DO know is that I love to create a paragraph about a trivial 0.25" and the fact that you fallowed along if you have reached this point....whoever may be reading to this point.

:cheesy: well the hummer guys say wider is better :brows:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

I prefer Spydertrax because they are made in the USA and I have run them without any problems on just about every single Jeep I've ever owned. I personally would get the 1.5" as they're all you need. I would NOT get anything less than 1.5".

They'll just reduce your overall back spacing and cause your tires to stick out a bit more.

YKNJCK

Oh I agree with you...it's a good point to bring up that others hadn't so far. I just wanted OP to not freak out when his spacer comes in the mail and it is super simple and doesn't have this many parts. :thumb:

Wouldn't even consider the adapters, they look like a problem waiting to happen. Going with the solid aluminium spacers. Luckily I will be able to pick them up from Northridge 4X4 here in Colorado and won't have to wait for brown Santa to bring them.

Top Bottom