Factory LSD

TrailBear

I have the factory limited slip in my 44 and wondering how well they hold up with bigger tires? I just changed the oil in it and found it fairly silver with little metal chunks, I'm thinking it's the limited slip as there is no noise coming from the diff. I didn't ave any silicone so I couldn't pull the cover to give a better inspection but I'm going to need to.

StrizzyChris

Did you include the friction additive? I'm fairly certain it's needed in a LSD but I've never owned one so can't say for certain.

Shadow's_Jeep

Caught the Bug
You could have broken teeth on the spider gear's. That is what happened to mine in February. It did not make any noise.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You could have broken teeth on the spider gear's. That is what happened to mine in February. It did not make any noise.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well. How big were the metal chunks? Either way, it's never a good thing to find.

TrailBear

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well. How big were the metal chunks? Either way, it's never a good thing to find.

Nothing real big, 1/8th long maybe and real thin, and not a whole ton of them, but the oil had a good silver tinge to it. Told my wife looks like re gear and lockers:)

Top Bottom