WAYALIFE members have been CHALLENGED

Looney Tune

(Edited) in Utah has called out all wayalife members for the ALS ice bucket challenge. ...
Please watch his video at his facebook page..he is a fellow jeeper and does what he can to fight for our rights to use public lands ...please give him 5min of your time..thanks
Looney Tune

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

StrizzyChris

I know by saying this a ton of people(not the regulars on here, but trolls looking for every opportunity to bash) are gonna rip me apart for saying this....but I am not doing anything for a facebook page. If this random person I have never heard of wants to call us out...bring it here and call us out.

Don't try to take traffic to someone's facebook page under the disguise of ALS challenge. Sorry if this sounds rude, but it sounds to me like more of an attempt at gathering FB followers than a true ALS recognition attempt.

StrizzyChris

....or maybe I'm just jaded lately from all the crap being stirred around here. If I'm way off, then ignore my post! :yup:

JAGS

Hooked
I know by saying this a ton of people(not the regulars on here, but trolls looking for every opportunity to bash) are gonna rip me apart for saying this....but I am not doing anything for a facebook page. If this random person I have never heard of wants to call us out...bring it here and call us out.

Don't try to take traffic to someone's facebook page under the disguise of ALS challenge. Sorry if this sounds rude, but it sounds to me like more of an attempt at gathering FB followers than a true ALS recognition attempt.

....or maybe I'm just jaded lately from all the crap being stirred around here. If I'm way off, then ignore my post! :yup:

I'm in agreement here with you Chris. I think you kind of need to know the person you're calling out. Appreciate the gesture and that's great for the dude in Utah, but I think it's off point to call out a whole forum of 10K+ people.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i respect what this guy does for our land and trying to keep land open for us to wheel but 2 things

1. i already did it and donated as well :yup:
2. i have to agree with strizzy and say that i feel like we are getting trolled a little bit since we were the one group to get called out individually.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
i respect what this guy does for our land and trying to keep land open for us to wheel but 2 things

1. i already did it and donated as well :yup:
2. i have to agree with strizzy and say that i feel like we are getting trolled a little bit since we were the one group to get called out individually.

Same as you on #1. Did it, donated, done.

2. This is the new thing, people are starting to call out groups, companies, non-individual entities, etc. Since ALS awareness month was actually in May, it'd be nice for this challenge to die since we're 3 months past May now. It's a great cause but there are a huge number of other causes that deserve attention too.

jesse3638

Hooked
1. Already did it.
2. Agree'd that you must know the people you are calling out. (Had individuals calling out whole fire departments most of which they didn't know the personnel.)
3. There should be a limit of how may people you can call out, say 3-5 people per bucket/donation. Want to call out 6 good friends/co-workers? Better do the challenge twice..haha.

jesse3638

Hooked
Same as you on #1. Did it, donated, done.

2. This is the new thing, people are starting to call out groups, companies, non-individual entities, etc. Since ALS awareness month was actually in May, it'd be nice for this challenge to die since we're 3 months past May now. It's a great cause but there are a huge number of other causes that deserve attention too.

When I did mine it wasn't coined the ALS challenge and I donated to the Wildland Firefighter Foundation. It was only a couple of weeks ago where I learned it was started for ALS.

StrizzyChris

...and to the OP I don't want you to get upset with all of us here over this. You seem like a good person, have assisted in answering some questions, and haven't brought any drama to the site from what little I reviewed of you so far. BUT there are a few rules that you agreed to when you joined and one of them was that you wouldn't divert traffic to another organizations site/facebook page/etc. No one here is asking you to leave, saying anything negative about you, or calling you out in ANY way. We just don't feel this particular post is consistent with the rules of this site.

Looney Tune

My apologies. .not trying to divert or anything else. ...Dan is a long time friend and is not trying to get FB followers by doing this...he is just a friend and was doing it because this is a jeep forum and he is pro public lands...nothing else...and he did not ask me to post it....I was just passing it on ....thought you all might be interested in his thoughts discussed in his video. ...once again my apologies. .
Looney Tune. .

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Trying to decide what to do here..I know the op didn't mean any harm and this bucket challenge is popular. Kinda wish it would lose steam on Facebook.
until I figure this out I'll just leave you with this.

Attachments

• 1408994252621.jpg
    1408994252621.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 170

Looney Tune

Just delete the whole post before it causes anymore hate and discontent. ..once again my apologies
LT

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Just delete the whole post before it causes anymore hate and discontent. ..once again my apologies
LT

There's no hate or discontent that I've seen. I'm happy with just taking out the name of the Facebook page. No big deal.

StrizzyChris

LT

I think it's safe to say that there's no hate or discontent by anyone here....certainly not by me, and I hope none is harbored by you either :drinks:

Top Bottom