kids and jeeps

bladerunnerJK

so i have a question for some of you guys with kids when did you go topless with your kids at what age ive got a 10 month year old he loves the jeep but i wanna go topless need some advice please

JAGS

Hooked
so i have a question for some of you guys with kids when did you go topless with your kids at what age ive got a 10 month year old he loves the jeep but i wanna go topless need some advice please

My kids were much older when I got the jeep. Being 10 mo., I would maybe ask the pediatrician if you should have any concerns. At very least, get a sun shade or safari top to keep direct sun and harmful UV rays off of him.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I have a 2 year old daughter and finally started outing the sunrider back at the beginning of this summer (she turned 2 August 2nd). We just cover her with sunscreen. She's enjoys it under 40mph, but doesn't care for the wind over that even with the windows up. I've never had the top all of the way down with her in the jeep

noroad

My kids were much older when I got the jeep. Being 10 mo., I would maybe ask the pediatrician if you should have any concerns. At very least, get a sun shade or safari top to keep direct sun and harmful UV rays off of him.

I would deff call a pediatrician as the hearing in a baby is not fully grown and the high winds could damage the hearing. but i am no DOC!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
My 3 year old cousin likes riding with no top but never on the freeway. Just around town and anything over 50 mph is too much for him. I wouldn't even think about bring his little sister, who is around the same age as yours, in the jeep without the top on.

Jay_r24

My son just turned 1 this past weekend, he loves the jeep top on and off. I took him for the first time in the jeep without the top when he was 9-10 Mos, i spoke to his pediatrician and she said just as long as he is not catching direct wind in his face the entire time it is totally fine. The car seat should be facing rear anyways so the wind shouldn't be too much of a problem. i just have my wife put the shade visor on his carseat all the way down and i bought a netted car seat cover that we put on as well. We only do this if we hop on the freeway. Around town we just pull the visor down on his car seat, i mean it must not bother him to much if he is able to fall asleep. Oh yeah and he likes to wear shades so that helps!!! :clap2::driving:

securedownload.jpg

BadApple

My 7 month old loves being in the jeep with the top off he lqughs and carries on. Now he hates being in a closed top vehicle.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
I went topless (Spider web shade) and full doors when my daughter was 1 year old. This past summer, no doors (half doors) and Spider Web Shade.

In this pic doors, but usually half doors.

20140704_075357_zps5786a974.jpg

JKWrang

My 7 year old refuses to be in the Jeep if we're going on the highway with the top off and my 18 month old loves Jeep with top off under 50 miles per hour. The wind gets to be too much for the kids. With the girl she gets too cold, and with the baby he gets scared. Even still their favorite

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Didn't have the JK back then, but this was how we would roll...

IMG_4033.jpg

Now that we have a JK we drop the top and the doors all the time, although it is 6 yrs later.

Oh yeah, never said hello in my first post, so ... HELLO!

bkac

Caught the Bug
I brought my daughter home from the hospital topless, but it was only a few slow miles and it was after sunset. I wanted her first rode tot be in the Jeep :) We went around town when they were less then a year but waited for higher speeds and longer times until 2-3 years old.

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

bladerunnerJK

thanks for the advice guys i will get ahold of his doc in the am but we already have a safari top for it so i think we are good there just something me and the wife were wondering about

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
This is my 4 year old grandson on my last JK. He is hooked on Jeeps already

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1409033031785.jpg
    1409033031785.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 79

hbkid22

I took our little man out when he was 9 months.....Granted it was a short drive to dinner but as long as you can shield him from long exposure to direct sunlight you should be fine.....

b_jeep.jpg

RickyI

This is Ramsy, "Ram Ram" to me, my 2 1/2 year old niece & jeep jeep girl..... she likes the T-tops off and windows down cause it blows her hair! BUT, not her Aunt!!!! The SpiderWeb comes in handy! :) This was on our trip to Tenn. last week....
IMG_3336.jpg photo_2.JPG photo_3.JPG

Top Bottom