Can I get away with new coils and shocks?

pballer2777

I have a jku with 35s with a rough country 2.5" spacer lift. Now that I've added a rear bumper with a tire carrier the rear is sagging a little with the stock springs. My question is can I get away with getting new coils and shocks and run the rest of the components of the rough country lift or should I just get a whole new kit. I'm also considering to 3" coils for a taller lift.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have the EVO 3 inch Plush Ride Coils and love the ride. I have the LoD front and rear bumper with tire carrier and no sag. Just a thought.

You should be able to change out the coils.

If I may suggest find someone in your area with various lifts and hitch a ride to see what you like.

R/
Will

gtony12

Caught the Bug
thanks those are the answers i was looking for. now for my next question. i would like to retain the closest i can to factory ride. what coils would be good for that?

I would go with the plush ride from evo. Heard these ate the best ride. That's what I am doing mine.:thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

thanks those are the answers i was looking for. now for my next question. i would like to retain the closest i can to factory ride. what coils would be good for that?

As mentioned earlier I have the Plush Ride Coils paired with Rancho RS 9000XL adjustable shocks and that gives me a close to stock ride.

pballer2777

Did the evo spring give u more height than 3"? I've read some spring actually give more height than they r rated for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using WAYALIFE mobile app

bkac

Caught the Bug
Did the evo spring give u more height than 3"? I've read some spring actually give more height than they r rated for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using WAYALIFE mobile app

The fronts gave me about 3.5 with a factory bumper and no winch, the rears gave me right over 3" with a 35 spare and LoD bumper/carrier with a hard top. This took the factory rake out. Now the jeep sits level. These coils ride amazing, you won't be disappointed. The ride even better with aftermarket bumpers.

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Msrunner

Ran Teraflex 3" lift for 3 years. Noticed some sag in the front. Replaced the coils with 3" EVO plush ride springs today. After install ended up almost 2" higher in the front and rear. I do have an LOD stubby with winch in the front and a shrockworks bumber with tire carrier in the rear. Took a test drive on a rough patch of road and... It rides great! Same patch of road before was bone jarring. Pictures of Teraflex next to new EVO springs. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409177520.611640.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409177532.455479.jpg

Msrunner

Also worth mentioning the front coils where tough to get in. Wished I had a coil compressor. The Teraflex bump stops would not fit through top of the EVO springs. Put the spring in place and fished the bump stops in from the bottom.

Also worth mentioning the front coils where tough to get in. Wished I had a coil compressor. The Teraflex bump stops would not fit through top of the EVO springs. Put the spring in place and fished the bump stops in from the bottom.

I Removed my TF uppers and bought 6 hockey pucks for $6

Top Bottom