How did you hear of wayalife?

jfallon1

Like the title states, how did you hear about the forum or what hooked you on the forum? We all like details. For me it was definitely the videos on YouTube the got me started. Here's a little back story:

My senior year of high school, I decided that the first vehicle I would officially pay for myself was going to be a jeep. I found a 1980 CJ7. I spent hours searching the internet, digging deep into the jeep world when I came across the wayalife crew on YouTube. It was one of the rubicon trail runs. I was so impressed by the capabilities of the rigs in the videos. Not to mention the quality and time put into them and I was inevitably hooked. From then on I set a goal; eventually find myself tagging along on a JK Exp ride. I've came along way since my old CJ. Now with a JK, I work hard to pay for the mods that hopefully will help me achieve my goal. One day, if The Lord willing, I'll be on the JK Experience ride and can look back and know all the hard work was worth it.

Here's the old CJ: ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409109510.040378.jpg
The JK:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409109547.587845.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
MTG can start a poll with a side wager. 😂😂LMAO. Inside joke OP, for those that have been around a little while.

As for the OP question: I was doing some research in prep for my first jeep purchase when I found Project Jk. That led me to Eddies old forum which led me to all the vids and wayalife.

Changed my life. Figuratively and literally in many ways. 👍🍻

- Jason

spinuck

Like a lot of people, I'm assuming, I was searching for a new vehicle. I wanted something that had at least some off-road capability, so I had narrowed it down to the Ford Raptor, the Dodge Power Wagon and the JKUR. The trucks were probably better family vehicles and have more utility, but there was something about the Jeep. While researching the Wrangler, I stumbled upon the WOL vids. At that point I knew I wanted a trail capable Jeep. Visited project-jk, jk-forum and wayalife to read about all the builds and view pics of people's expeditions.

I'm sure Chrysler owes a fair amount of sales to the Wayalife vids....

cmireles

I was in 10th grade when I was looking up jeeps. I saw a pic of a deep red teraflex jk (at what I'm assuming was SEMA) and the pic had a project-jk watermark on it so I found the website which in turn led me to here, been here ever since.

aplittle

I saw a WAYALIFE sticker on someone's Jeep and Googled it and bam, here I am!

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brankz

Before I purchased my rig I youtube jeep wrangler and I saw the jeep it tight video, and that's how I got started here

jesse3638

Hooked
This Canadian guy Matti hacked my phone number, called me and told me to go to a the website JKF and harass the creator like he was, which then led me to Wayalife...haha kidding. Actually as mentioned by most I was already set on getting a JK (I didn't understand jeeps until I drove one at work...instantly hooked!). I went online looking for info and things. I discovered Project-JK which led me to the former website and then transitioned to Wayalife. Best thing that happened besides becoming a jeep owner..:). I was actually a member before I was an owner..haha.

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

David1tontj

I came for the free trucklites, but I didn't win.....

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

t8er

I bought my JKUR and then stumbled across the Wayalife videos which led to the JKX page and to the Wayalife forum. This is one of 2 jeep forums I'm on and it's been the most helpful. Also super impressed with the fact that Eddie and several of the sponsors are prompt if you send them a pm asking a question. Never had that on the Xterra forum, a motorcycle forum or a couple of shooting forums. Not just the best jeep forum but seriously the best overall forum.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailBear

I found it watching YouTube, I was searching jeep videos and found the wayalife feed, watched them all , then googled wayalife, found the forum, liked the people and the atmosphere so here I be .

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I was googling jeep found project-jk. Then found wayalife on utube. Then went out and bought my jeep :). Funny thing about a week after buying my jeep I was having dinner in Dana Point on coast hwy with my wife and was watching all the cars go by and out of no where here comes Mobby.:D I yelled out there goes Eddie!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

AlStew

I was about to christen my JKRU on a local fire road, when a forum member (who was the nicest guy ever) approached me and started talking jeeps with me a my friend. Told me to join!

David1tontj

I was about to christen my JKRU on a local fire road, when a forum member (who was the nicest guy ever) approached me and started talking jeeps with me a my friend. Told me to join!

Met him on a fire road?? Was it 4x4jesus?? Haha. Blonde guy with a black dark green jkur on 35s?

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

SilverBack

Wayalife has cost me a shit ton of money so far!!

When my Ex bought here 2000 TJ Sahara, I told her she was crazy and would hate it......... Shortly after that I was trading my big red 4x4 Ram and 2 jet skis in on a 2001 60th Anny Edition. It's gone now but while drooling over the new JKURx online I came across some videos of them doing things I could have only dreamed about in my TJ. I was sold, ordered the most expensive vehicle I've ever purchased and became a member of this forum. I love the folks and the commonality of the members. Hope to meet a bunch of you all some day once I'm back in the world with my new ride that I won't have for another couple of months.:beer: :eek: :rock:

Top Bottom