How tight can I cut my factory fenders?

KingCopperhead

Subject says it all. I like the super short look for cut fenders. How tight can I go before I lose the option of retaining my inner fender liners. I know this will make a mess when I drive through mud or rain, but as long as I can keep the engine bay free of road salt I'm good.

Brankz

Subject says it all. I like the super short look for cut fenders. How tight can I go before I lose the option of retaining my inner fender liners. I know this will make a mess when I drive through mud or rain, but as long as I can keep the engine bay free of road salt I'm good.

Super tight or no tight is all up to you, see I did it the brankZ way and the fastest way ;)
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409112220.152979.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409112236.606568.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409112255.042631.jpg

10frank9

Web Wheeler

It's all dependent on your style. I chopped mine twice. The second time was to make them more narrow.

I ditched the rear liners as they aren't really needed. My front liners are cut in such a way that you can make the fenders as narrow as you'd like and it wouldn't matter.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409116408.927729.jpg

Sorry I don't have a better picture but if you zoom in you can see how I cut the front liners and the fender support.

Btw I secured the front liners with the original plastic clips and a few zip ties to make them more secure.

Let me know if you need any additional information.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
It's all dependent on your style. I chopped mine twice. The second time was to make them more narrow.

I ditched the rear liners as they aren't really needed. My front liners are cut in such a way that you can make the fenders as narrow as you'd like and it wouldn't matter.

View attachment 97385

Sorry I don't have a better picture but if you zoom in you can see how I cut the front liners and the fender support.

Btw I secured the front liners with the original plastic clips and a few zip ties to make them more secure.

Let me know if you need any additional information.

I need to do mine fendets soon too. Frank sorry I drooled on picture of you Jeep.:thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I need to do mine fendets soon too. Frank sorry I drooled on picture of you Jeep.:thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks Tony I appreciate it. Well you know my garage is always open to Wayalifers. :yup:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The rear liners are pointless so you can toss them. Some people cut them tho so they are flush with the body. Either
Option will allow you to cut the rear till it basically looks fender less.

For the front it's the same. You can remove them all together or cut them down. For the front I left mine wide because of state laws but also because I like the look. This allowed me to keep the front support so they don't flap in the wind to bad.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I would say you could probably go as thin as the metal bracket that sticks out for the support to bolt to. Just check your fender laws first, if you guys even have any up there. PA sucks for that so we are "supposed" to keep them stock width which sucks.

GeckoGlow

The inner liner attaches to the fender support sub-structure, in the front. As long as you reuse that, you won't have trouble reattaching the inner liner. What kept me from going any slimmer than this, was the metal fender support bracket on the body. Didn't want to hack that off. The rears can be cut as slim as desired.

20140827_145422_zps99d2b874.jpg

aaronstephen

My front fenders are roughly 3.5" wide and I retained the liner. The rear is about 2.5" wide. Liners back there are gone. Here's a picture of the front.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409170634.626511.jpg

noroad

just trim the front liners to fit what you have, ditch the rears. Also due to you living in the north like me make sure you have a ton of bug and tar remover, dont panic as i did when you see rust spots on your body. Salt is not your friend!!

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ac...r-remover/_/N-258v?itemIdentifier=231314_0_0_

Top Bottom