Spydertrax spacers with 4.5 BS wheels

bkac

Caught the Bug
Is it safe to install wheel spacers with aftermarket 4.5" backspacing ATX wheels?

1409174731968.jpg
1409174759160.jpg
1409174794673.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
As long as you install them correctly and check the torque on a regular basis, you should be fine. Just puts a little more stress on ball joints and unit bearings.

thardy

Banned
As long as you install them correctly and check the torque on a regular basis, you should be fine. Just puts a little more stress on ball joints and unit bearings.

Do you think the benefits of the wider track out way the increased wear?

olram30

Do you think the benefits of the wider track out way the increased wear?

I think he was having rubbing issues.
But these parts wear out eventually, even with stock rims. It just speeds up the process a bit.

bkac

Caught the Bug
I think he was having rubbing issues.
But these parts wear out eventually, even with stock rims. It just speeds up the process a bit.

Non rubbing issues, just looking for a wider stance. The axe only has 1200 miles and i only plan to run it for a little bit till the PR60's get installed. I installed them correctly and love the wider stance look.

olram30

Non rubbing issues, just looking for a wider stance. The axe only has 1200 miles and i only plan to run it for a little bit till the PR60's get installed. I installed them correctly and love the wider stance look.

my bad, i thought your rear links were rubbing or close.

bkac

Caught the Bug
my bad, i thought your rear links were rubbing or close.

Your on top of it :thumbup:. I changed pot the bolts for button head bolts but now i really don't have to worry

Yeep

Do you have any pictures of your jeep with the spacers? I was thinking about doing this but want to see what it looks like first...

bkac

Caught the Bug
Do you have any pictures of your jeep with the spacers? I was thinking about doing this but want to see what it looks like first...

1409202932124.jpg

1409202955909.jpg

1409202977487.jpg

I'll get some better ones tomorrow!

MurderedJK

I'm currently running this set up. I have ATX wheels set at 4.5in BS on top of 1.5in spacers. I have been running this set up for approximately 1 1/2 years and have had no issues. I love the wider stance which is very noticable on the trails. I am aware that this may cause more stress on the unit bearings and the BJs but, its no more stress than running the ATX Slabs. I spoke with a couple of shops about this, one being NR4X4 and I was told it was plenty safe to run. BE SURE TO RECHECK THE SPACERS AT EVERY OIL CHANGE.

bkac

Caught the Bug
I'm currently running this set up. I have ATX wheels set at 4.5in BS on top of 1.5in spacers. I have been running this set up for approximately 1 1/2 years and have had no issues. I love the wider stance which is very noticable on the trails. I am aware that this may cause more stress on the unit bearings and the BJs but, its no more stress than running the ATX Slabs. I spoke with a couple of shops about this, one being NR4X4 and I was told it was plenty safe to run. BE SURE TO RECHECK THE SPACERS AT EVERY OIL CHANGE.

Glad to hear. I did it for the wider stance and really like it. I will make sure i check the nuts on the spacers often.

CrazyLarry

I run the 1.5 spacers with 4.75 backspaced wheels not because I want to because I have to. If I didnt add the spacers I rub at full lock. My 35s didnt rub the frame at full lock with my wheels but my 37s did so had to add the spacers. I have not had any issues and like already mentioned take a torque wrench to those spaces every oil change or tire rotation

Top Bottom