Wifey wants a jeep!!

MilesNauticus

So as the title states my wife has been talking about it for a while and I have been somewhat avoiding it but I have finally found an upside to this. My wife wants a jeep, great, but this could be beneficial to me. Here's what I got, wanna see if this would even work:

So I have a 2013 unlimited sport auto with 3.21 gears. Recently lifted and 35's added (loss of power not as bad as I would have thought) I have recently been looking at buying D44's, front and rear, off a Rubicon that I found for a decent deal, I have decided that going up anymore in tire size will probably never happen so 44's and 4.10s I think would be plenty for my driving. (95% pavement, and no real major hills).

My wife has only a few stipulations to what she wants: it has to be a 2 door, auto. That's about it. She wants a little lift with maybe 33's or 285s (her words were "a little lift with a little bigger tires" so I'm thinking a simple spacer lift and maybe 285s). Anyway, being the loving husband I am I thought about getting her a 2 door Rubicon and just swapping the axles from her Rubicon to my Sport. She's already said she could care less but I want to make sure this would actually work. I just don't know if the 2 door and 4 door axles are somehow different.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited:

trailless

Caught the Bug
To my knowledge, they are the same axles and the swap would be easier for the Rubicon than would be for the Sport.

Have you thought how warranty would be affected?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

noroad

I would swap

sway bars
axles
transfer case

or just save the money in the long run and buy a sport and a pr44 just my 2cents!

MilesNauticus

To my knowledge, they are the same axles and the swap would be easier for the Rubicon than would be for the Sport.

Have you thought how warranty would be affected?

Yea, I did when looking at swapping mine originally. I'm not as worried about that on mine because if I have my way a lot of mine will change anyway. But to be honest I got a little greedy and didn't think about that with hers.

trailless

Caught the Bug
Personally I would save up for a PR44. If a PR44 isn't in the cards then, add c gussets now and maybe when the time comes invest in a PR44.

MilesNauticus

Personally I would save up for a PR44. If a PR44 isn't in the cards then, add c gussets now and maybe when the time comes invest in a PR44.

I hear all that but I can probably get these Rubi axles with approx 6k miles, lockers, and gears for about the cost of what one PR would cost me.

jeeeep

Hooked
So as the title states my wife has been talking about it for a while and I have been somewhat avoiding it but I have finally found an upside to this. My wife wants a jeep, great, but this could be beneficial to me. Here's what I got, wanna see if this would even work:

So I have a 2013 unlimited sport auto with 3.21 gears. Recently lifted and 35's added (loss of power not as bad as I would have thought) I have recently been looking at buying D44's, front and rear, off a Rubicon that I found for a decent deal, I have decided that going up anymore in tire size will probably never happen so 44's and 4.10s I think would be plenty for my driving. (95% pavement, and no real major hills).

My wife has only a few stipulations to what she wants: it has to be a 2 door, auto. That's about it. She wants a little lift with maybe 33's or 285s (her words were "a little lift with a little bigger tires" so I'm thinking a simple spacer lift and maybe 285s). Anyway, being the loving husband I am I thought about getting her a 2 door Rubicon and just swapping the axles from her Rubicon to my Sport. She's already said she could care less but I want to make sure this would actually work. I just don't know if the 2 door and 4 door axles are somehow different.

Thanks in advance for the help.

or... reverse your lift to a spacer lift and some smaller tires and get yourself a rubi...unless you have a manual then just leave hers alone and buy the axles (but make sure they are not bent)

last thing you want is for hers to have issues with dash lights and codes showing after pulling the axles ...happy wife, happy life

good luck! :beer:

Top Bottom