Apex LED

TNuggs13

Anyone ever buy any Apex LED lights? How's the quality? Found them on Instagram and curious to get some feedback. They have a "made in USA" line and the pricing is decent.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Anyone ever buy any Apex LED lights? How's the quality? Found them on Instagram and curious to get some feedback. They have a "made in USA" line and the pricing is decent.

Are they local? How are the prices compared to Rigid and Combat LED?

TNuggs13

Crees are made in China I believe, as are most all LED lights. Perhaps it's a marketing ploy like "assembled in the USA" or maybe the housing is made in the USA.

Who knows. The pricing seemed good and I haven't heard too many good things about the build quality of Combat. Just wondering if anyone had any feedback about Apex.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409199863.678985.jpg

bman198

One thing that I'm seeing as not so much of a problem as it is questionable, is that I'm having a hard time even finding the company on google (which I did find after some searching).

I have a 50" Rigid E-Series and though not friendly to your wallet it's amazing. I do know that rigid lights are assembled here in AZ however I'd assume that they are getting their parts from somewhere over seas (though I'm not positive).

The price for the apex lights looks great but I think that with a price tag so low there is something fishy going on. Whether they lie about where they are made or possibly that the craftsmanship just isn't there. All in all if you are looking for a light bar or any sort of LED lighting I'd have to point you toward rigid (saying that money isn't necessarily a factor). Whatever you go with though I'm sure you will enjoy... I get a kick out of mine haha!

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Probably help if I put a picture...

Attachments

• 1409225695605.jpg
    1409225695605.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 1409225721692.jpg
    1409225721692.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 90

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
A buddy of mine has these, not as bright as he hoped and yes the seals are garbage and get water in them very easily:twocents:

TNuggs13

What have you heard about combat?

A friend got a set of combats and he said they weren't that bright and the quality seemed pretty bad. Then I saw them and agreed with him. The diodes looked pretty cheap and the reflector didn't seem like it would project light very well.

TNuggs13

One thing that I'm seeing as not so much of a problem as it is questionable, is that I'm having a hard time even finding the company on google (which I did find after some searching).

I have a 50" Rigid E-Series and though not friendly to your wallet it's amazing. I do know that rigid lights are assembled here in AZ however I'd assume that they are getting their parts from somewhere over seas (though I'm not positive).

The price for the apex lights looks great but I think that with a price tag so low there is something fishy going on. Whether they lie about where they are made or possibly that the craftsmanship just isn't there. All in all if you are looking for a light bar or any sort of LED lighting I'd have to point you toward rigid (saying that money isn't necessarily a factor). Whatever you go with though I'm sure you will enjoy... I get a kick out of mine haha!

I wish I could afford a rigid but I just can't so looking at other options. Thanks for the feedback.

TNuggs13

Regarding the water that's the feedback I was looking for. It would suck to have them ruined due to water damage from just washing the Jeep. Thanks guys. Any other info from others that have used them would be great.

Clem319

I wish I could afford a rigid but I just can't so looking at other options. Thanks for the feedback.

I saw another company called fcklightbars on Instagram. They are a little cheaper than rigid but I'm not sure about the quality. Maybe someone on here knows more

Top Bottom