Aftermarket Seat Options

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Ive been considering replacing my two front seats with aftermarket options. I have considered the following:
-Mastecraft RS Baja or Rubicon. What is the real difference?
-PRP Rally Venture. Ive noticed that no one here uses these, but they seem pretty popular in race trucks. Any reason why this brand isn't considered?

Schweetjk

I also have been considering aftermarket seats as well. The only concern I have is will my air bag light come on because my factory seats have side air bags and aftermarket seats do not.

I also have been considering aftermarket seats as well. The only concern I have is will my air bag light come on because my factory seats have side air bags and aftermarket seats do not.

Yes it will...ask me how I know :cheesy: I'm working on a relay system that fools the check at startup. When/if I figure it out I'll post up how to do it :thumb:

liljohn850

Not mine.... :)

I'm subscribing so I can get some input. My seat squeaks a little. Drives me nuts.

Kevin

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using the Wayalife APP

Those master crafts we hear about are stupid comfy. Makes our jeeps ...well, my old jeep ride like a brick. They're pricey. But so worth it I think.

Ive been considering replacing my two front seats with aftermarket options. I have considered the following:
-PRP Rally Venture. Ive noticed that no one here uses these, but they seem pretty popular in race trucks. Any reason why this brand isn't considered?

The big difference I can see between the MC Baja and Rubicon is that the Rubicon is a fixed seat, meaning it will not recline.

Just looked at the PRP and these look nice. What is missing to me, is the shoulder harness routing holes through the back for a 4 or 5 point harness. Other than that they look pretty nice. I will do some more research on the hi-lo-off seat height option. One thing SWMBO requests is that the seat has to be able to raise like the stock seats. She has a hard time seeing out the front window with sport cage support bar installed.

Overall they seem to be comparably priced. Mastercraft is a forum sponsor. Also Mel Wade runs Mastercraft seats in EVO1, and see how he likes to blast through the desert I am going to lean towards them.

R/
Will

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug

The MC RS Bajas are what I've been looking at..........PRP does have a nice setup and if I were to choose a PRP seat this setup is what I would go with in my rig......

The PRP CP in double stitched, Carbon Fiber back with center and arms in Black Tweed....High back, standard depth, rear pocket and extra wide (2") for my fat ass......add in the JK mount...x2 for eveything......$1407 w/shipping ($250) from PRP

MC Baja RS in Black w/rear pocket and JK adapters.........$1109 W/free shipping from Northridge4x4

The extra $300 for me is the deal maker........but for someone who just shelled out $50k+ (yeah I'm jelly so what lol:D) the extra $300 may not matter much to you........but for what it's worth MC and Northridge4x4 are forum sponsors.....just wanted to throw that out there;)

Either way whichever seats you go with will just add more to the badassedness (yep it's a word...Google that shit!) of your beast!!

Love your rig brother!!

~Woodrow~

HDGasser

Check out Twisted Stitch seats... I've got a buddy that's got some in his Sandrail and there real nice n comfy.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
PRP's are pretty popular outside of the jeep world, at least what I've seen. They even have a number of JK customers. I'm considering their daily driver model and the MC Rubicon as reclining won't be an need any more with my new cage. The thing I like about the PRP's is that they seem to be loaded with options like extra wide and most importantly for me extra tall and more. I still want to sit in both a MC Rubi and PRP Daily Driver to compare.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Honestly the newer seats in the 2012+ are REALLY nice compared to the the older seats. In fact I have a set of Bajas sitting in the garage that I will install after the stock seat go....
That being said I like the Bajas a lot. In our JK-8 we run them and they really work. I do have to remove my wallet and Gerber multi-tool because of the hip bolsters.

noroad

Honestly the newer seats in the 2012+ are REALLY nice compared to the the older seats. In fact I have a set of Bajas sitting in the garage that I will install after the stock seat go....
That being said I like the Bajas a lot. In our JK-8 we run them and they really work. I do have to remove my wallet and Gerber multi-tool because of the hip bolsters.

I like the 2013+ seats big difference in them! In the 14 we have it holds you in the seat better, but my 2012 suck at this i always feel like i sliding of when wheeling!

JAGS

Hooked
I like the 2013+ seats big difference in them! In the 14 we have it holds you in the seat better, but my 2012 suck at this i always feel like i sliding of when wheeling!

I'd be happy to find a swap for my 2012s for someone's 2013. May consider aftermarket, but then lose the side airbags that were paid for.

As a DD, I'm more likely to need the airbags on the way to work, than any trail impact. Lol.

- Jason

noroad

I'd be happy to find a swap for my 2012s for someone's 2013. May consider aftermarket, but then lose the side airbags that were paid for.

As a DD, I'm more likely to need the airbags on the way to work, than any trail impact. Lol.

- Jason

totally agree i would love some 2013+ seats!!! so much nicer and holds great!

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Good to know on the 2013+. That is what I have in my, well 2013. :cheesy:
I "thought" the same as our 2012. Silly thinking. :cheesy:

noroad

Good to know on the 2013+. That is what I have in my, well 2013. :cheesy:
I "thought" the same as our 2012. Silly thinking. :cheesy:

ya the 2011 and 2012 have just a single stitck side wall well your 2013 has a double! lucky guy!

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
I didn't know there was a difference. Until someone figures out how to doable the warning light, the airbag issue is a deal breaker...and thinking a About it more, the seat mounted SRS....it's really a nice thing to have.

jeeeep

Hooked
I tested Mastercraft Baja and Corbeau for a day each and while they more comfortable than my stock seats, they didn't seem any wider.

I decided the final price after adding in the frame wasn't worth it for me.

I went to a local upholstery shop and they will redo the stock seats more to my fit and for less than I would've paid for the aftermarket.

Top Bottom