CB Radio Pics

hbkid22

I am trying to decide where to mount my CB and which one. I have a 2dr JK Sport and have seen the post about the Cobra install but not sure if I want the CB on the dash. I am looking at a smaller CB (Midland 1001z) and mounting it up above the rear view mirror but not sure if it will hang down to low and block the rear view mirror. Does anyone have a CB mounted up and if so how does it work with the mirror? If you have pics as well that would be awesome.

Thanks.

scull20

Mine blocks the mirror ever so slightly, but I just haven't gotten around to adjusting the bracket. Once I do it should be fine. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409336976.013616.jpg

07JKSahara

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409336894.204118.jpg

Terrible pic, but you get the point. It's a cobra 19, smallest I could find. The mount is totally removable, it stayed still on the trail. I ran the coax over the roll bar to the spare. Mirror is still fine, I'm 6'2" in a two door.

hbkid22

View attachment 97784

Terrible pic, but you get the point. It's a cobra 19, smallest I could find. The mount is totally removable, it stayed still on the trail. I ran the coax over the roll bar to the spare. Mirror is still fine, I'm 6'2" in a two door.

Thanks for the pic. That is what I was thinking of doing. Would you recommend the Cobra 19? I like that its small....

07JKSahara

Thanks for the pic. That is what I was thinking of doing. Would you recommend the Cobra 19? I like that its small....

It doesn't have many features but good for the price.I have the DX IV, with RF gain and squelch. It's plenty loud mounted there, we ran topless/doorless coming back from the sierras and could hear fine on the freeway. Here's a better lighted pic.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409339412.610759.jpg

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Uniden 510 above the rear view mirror as well. All hardware was purchased at home depot for about ten bucks.

2014 JKUR

Attachments

• 1409339885897.jpg
    1409339885897.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 204
  • 1409339907291.jpg
    1409339907291.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 205
  • 1409339921829.jpg
    1409339921829.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 207

hbkid22

It doesn't have many features but good for the price.I have the DX IV, with RF gain and squelch. It's plenty loud mounted there, we ran topless/doorless coming back from the sierras and could hear fine on the freeway. Here's a better lighted pic.

View attachment 97788

I never thought about mounting it there. That is creative. I think I will look into that option.....No holes through the plastic capping as well.

hbkid22

Uniden 510 above the rear view mirror as well. All hardware was purchased at home depot for about ten bucks.

2014 JKUR

Thanks as I never thought about mounting it there to give me a little extra room. I like this route.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i will get a pic of mine for you in a bit. i have the cobra 29 lt above my mirror with the strike force zebra mount.

adamsnewone

What all did you get from the hardware store? Looks like a couple L brackets, some bolts, and a couple hose clamps? Did that rubber come inside the hose clamps?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
What all did you get from the hardware store? Looks like a couple L brackets, some bolts, and a couple hose clamps? Did that rubber come inside the hose clamps?

For me. Yes, I got two hose clamps, L brackets and a pack of small nuts and bolts. The rubber I got from work. I had to cut of one half of the L bracket off to make it fit above the mirror. I also had to grind out the holes to fit the hose clamps.

2014 JKUR

07JKSahara

For me. Yes, I got two hose clamps, L brackets and a pack of small nuts and bolts. The rubber I got from work. I had to cut of one half of the L bracket off to make it fit above the mirror. I also had to grind out the holes to fit the hose clamps.

2014 JKUR

Pretty much the same. It was wire clamps with rubber in them. I think 1/2" and two L brackets. Like Ty said, maybe $10 from Home Depot. If your close you can have my extras for free. Just PM me.

Top Bottom