Drive Shafts

joeyprice

I've been looking at 1310 shafts, just because I know I'll need them eventually and I've noticed that some guys offer them with the with OEM type round flange and some sell them with replacement yokes. Is there anything wrong with the OEM style that would compel me to switch yokes? I know its not a terribly common failure point, but it seems to me that if you use one of the bolt ins as opposed to swapping yokes you have instant spares. And its less work too.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've been looking at 1310 shafts, just because I know I'll need them eventually and I've noticed that some guys offer them with the with OEM type round flange and some sell them with replacement yokes. Is there anything wrong with the OEM style that would compel me to switch yokes? I know its not a terribly common failure point, but it seems to me that if you use one of the bolt ins as opposed to swapping yokes you have instant spares. And its less work too.

Replacement yokes will allow you to run a longer shaft and this will help prevent drive line vibrations. U-joints are also a lot easier to find and service.

Top Bottom