DD tires

lewdogg27

I'm looking for some dd tires and want to stay with 40's. Dose anyone have any good ideas. They don't have to be MT or AT specific because I have some creepy crawlers I will put on when I plan on wheelin. Any ideas.
Thanks
Lewdogg

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Everyone has great results with trail grapplers. They are an MT but great daily drivers since a lot of people run them.

lewdogg27

Those are one of my top choices and the Yokohama geolander are my second. Dose anyone know how many miles they get out of the 40" trail grapplers?

JAGS

Hooked
Eddie ran some toyos on Moby before the mud graps and now the kspecs. May want to check those out as the toyos mt are pretty solid rubber for DD. The Kspecs only came out recently, so not sure if you're going to get long term mileage just yet.

SDG

Caught the Bug
Eddie ran some toyos on Moby before the mud graps and now the kspecs. May want to check those out as the toyos mt are pretty solid rubber for DD. The Kspecs only came out recently, so not sure if you're going to get long term mileage just yet.

I think the K-spec is "king of the hammers" and is a similar compound to that used for racing, so I am going to go out on a limb and say its softer, and the on road tread life is not going to be as good as a normal compound. But I could be wrong.

StrizzyChris

If the debate is between Toyo and Nittos on a dd I would go with Toyos for the longer life of the tire. Nittos have a softer sidewall and will have a less harsh on road ride because of it, but the rubber compound is softer in Nittos and will have a shorter life cycle

JAGS

Hooked
I think the K-spec is "king of the hammers" and is a similar compound to that used for racing, so I am going to go out on a limb and say its softer, and the on road tread life is not going to be as good as a normal compound. But I could be wrong.

I'd lean that way too. Just don't think anyone's had them long enough to know true wear for a DD situation.

- Jason

lewdogg27

Cool thanks for all the input. So Yokohama geolander's are out of the picture? Looks like ill be looking into toyo's. Now to find someone with them in stock.

StrizzyChris

So Yokohama geolander's are out of the picture?

To be honest, l looked at them about 5 years ago. I noticed they were very cheaply priced for an MT price at the time and thought I may give them a try. I didn't go that route because I couldn't find ANYONE running them. I think that spoke volumes about their quality and trust in the off road world. I would compare them to something like a Nexen or Dunlop tire. They are tires, and people looking for a cheap tire to fit their needs uses them....but they are not performance tires by any definition of the word!

Top Bottom