ANY tips to disconnect door wiring for door removal

AlexwBlkJK

Ok... I am trying to remove my doors for my first time... I don't think they have ever been off before.. I used WD 40 last night on all the hinges and they are coming up easy enough.....
MY PROBLEM..... I can NOT get the wiring harness plugs to come apart.... CANT take the door off with the wires still attached...(DUHH)...
I am pretty sure I have them unlocked... push down on the little lock but cant get them to budge...
TRICKS???
What should I put on these to make it easier in the future??

Thanks

jeep plug (480x640).jpg

scull20

The plastic connectors for the door wiring harness on my '14 just need to be squeezed and yanked down. The clip is secured to the jeep up under the dash for the front and in the B-pillar for the rears. Stupid question...but are you sure you are trying to disconnect the correct plug?

MTG

Caught the Bug
Need to push the red lock down and then push in the tab down in the center next to your thumb and pull.

AlexwBlkJK

I know its the right plug.. came out to of whatever was holding it up.. can put it back in NP....:doh:

so in my pic that plug is LOCKED? :thinking::thinking::doh:

Move the red flip switch the other way and push down and wiggle free.... I will try AGAIN...:doh:

Thanks

jkjurny

I know its the right plug.. came out to of whatever was holding it up.. can put it back in NP....:doh:

so in my pic that plug is LOCKED? :thinking::thinking::doh:

Move the red flip switch the other way and push down and wiggle free.... I will try AGAIN...:doh:

Thanks

Try wiggling it as you pull down. I had a tough time with the front passenger door on mine.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
You may even push them together slightly while pushing down on the release before trying to pull them apart. It helps take a little pressure off of the tab that moves to make it move a little more freely.

AlexwBlkJK

Well.. I got em off... helps when ya push that little red tab the right way...lol
1409539365717.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T889 using WAYALIFE mobile app

AlexwBlkJK

I tried to get the back off... but they where being difficult and was getting late... I WILL get all 4 off and RE-post a pic...

jesse3638

Hooked
With me moving I had to put the top and doors back on. I usually run naked from late April to the end of October. Can't wait to get things moved in my garage so I can strip it down.

tweetie7123

I'm a LOSER
With me moving I had to put the top and doors back on. I usually run naked from late April to the end of October. Can't wait to get things moved in my garage so I can strip it down.

Were you move

2013 jkr
And no I did not forget the u in jkr :) 2 door life

AlexwBlkJK

Finally got all 4 off.... definitely orderung the durlin hinge liners... next to get a pair of extra hands to help me get the hard top all the way off..

Sent from my SGH-T889 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1410656258250.jpg
    1410656258250.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 1410656272840.jpg
    1410656272840.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 50
Top Bottom