Identify This Budget Boost

new2me

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409519372.544011.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409519415.333191.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409519453.055774.jpg

I bought my Jeep with this kit installed. Which kit is it?

It's on a 2011 JKU Sahara.

Also, I don't see any rear bump spacers or shock extension brackets. Should I get these parts? Are there any other parts needed?

One final question: Which Rancho (or other) shocks would be the correct length for this setup?

Thanks!

noroad

View attachment 98013
View attachment 98014
View attachment 98015

I bought my Jeep with this kit installed. Which kit is it?

It's on a 2011 JKU Sahara.

Also, I don't see any rear bump spacers or shock extension brackets. Should I get these parts? Are there any other parts needed?

One final question: Which Rancho (or other) shocks would be the correct length for this setup?

Thanks!

It looks like just a basic spacer lift maybe 1 to 1.75. you dont need to run anything else with them! stock shock lenght will work as well!

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Looks around a 2" kit or around there. You have bump stops up front but none on the rear correct?

StrizzyChris

If all you have(and by the looks of it that everything else is stock) is a front spacer, then this is no kit and just something the previous owner used to level out the factory rake. Nothing wrong with this set up, and I ran like this for almost a year.

With running stock shock length, you are safe/fine and nothing NEEDS to be done. If you put longer shocks on you'll need brake line extensions, extended sway bar links front and rear, you'll want to detach the rear parking brake hanger from the tub, and

new2me

Thanks guys. Would there be any advantage of going to a more extensive 2.5" boost instead?

I do plan on installing a full 4 inch long arm kit eventually but that may be quite a while.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I would just get the Rancho 2" sport kit if you are in need of shocks and the other components. Plus you can ditch the front spacers and get new springs

new2me

If all you have(and by the looks of it that everything else is stock) is a front spacer, then this is no kit and just something the previous owner used to level out the factory rake. Nothing wrong with this set up, and I ran like this for almost a year.

I wondered. The dealer said "2 inch leveling kit" (dealer installed). Another guy who looked at my rig (a jeeper) said its a 2.5 inch. When I asked how he could tell, he said, "because I have installed several".

JKWrang

Save for your kit. Test your stock limits. Once you invest in your 2.5 inch kit with an end goal of 4 inches youll regret it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Save for your kit. Test your stock limits. Once you invest in your 2.5 inch kit with an end goal of 4 inches youll regret it.

I second that if your looking into a 4 inch long arm kit then I would do what JKWrang said and test your stock limits and save up for your 4" saves alotta work and that way you only do it 1 time and finished just my :twocents:

gtony12

Caught the Bug

With running stock shock length, you are safe/fine and nothing NEEDS to be done. If you put longer shocks on you'll need brake line extensions, extended sway bar links front and rear, you'll want to detach the rear parking brake hanger from the tub, and

Hey Chris. You say to remove parking brake from tub. Is that all the time or just during install? Sorry to hi jack thread I installed my 2.5 lift but it only said remove during install then reinstall but noticed my parking brake feels funny when pulling it up or setting brake. :confused:

StrizzyChris

I wondered. The dealer said "2 inch leveling kit" (dealer installed). Another guy who looked at my rig (a jeeper) said its a 2.5 inch. When I asked how he could tell, he said, "because I have installed several".

My guess is it is a 1.75" front spacer. That's what most "leveling kits" use and like I said there's nothing wrong with it. I just wouldn't be happy if the dealership sold the Jeep under the illusion of some expensive kit. I gave mine away when I sold my tires. You can find the spacers used all ay long for $50 online.

Hey Chris. You say to remove parking brake from tub. Is that all the time or just during install? Sorry to hi jack thread I installed my 2.5 lift but it only said remove during install then reinstall but noticed my parking brake feels funny when pulling it up or setting brake. :confused:

If you are running longer than stock shocks, then you will have more than stock droop when wheeling and at that point you will want to leave it off. If you don't, when your axle droops there could be damage caused by the tension from lack of slack.

If you are running stock shocks, you can re-install it. On a basic spacer lift(no shock brackets or longer shocks) they have you remove it because of the tension when you drop the axles low enough to remove the coils.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
My guess is it is a 1.75" front spacer. That's what most "leveling kits" use and like I said there's nothing wrong with it. I just wouldn't be happy if the dealership sold the Jeep under the illusion of some expensive kit. I gave mine away when I sold my tires. You can find the spacers used all ay long for $50 online.

If you are running longer than stock shocks, then you will have more than stock droop when wheeling and at that point you will want to leave it off. If you don't, when your axle droops there could be damage caused by the tension from lack of slack.

If you are running stock shocks, you can re-install it. On a basic spacer lift(no shock brackets or longer shocks) they have you remove it because of the tension when you drop the axles low enough to remove the coils.

Chris

Oh ok :thumbup:Make sense thank you.

Top Bottom