Tire blocks?

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Possibly spreading the sidewalls to set the bead on a wider rim? We've done that before but not used blocks all the way around. Just a thought.

jeeeep

Hooked
is that to keep them from going flat? also to keep them from coming off the wheel if the bead breaks?

never seen that before

I googled it and found some brief info:

Allow you to run a lower tire pressure for added traction and better ride.
Allow you to ride with a punctured tire and get to a safe place to repair or a pit to change.
Doesn't disfigure or melt in stressful environments.
Won’t cause wheels to lose balance at high speeds, so no more harsh vibrations.

StrizzyChris

You could always save money and hit up Walmart instead

8628d1392951856-budget-racing-tips-86bbca7aad33a4a98324ea9108a3faa3.jpg

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
lol, i thought you were saying to get "slime" from walmart with that first pic..

JayKay

Caught the Bug
^^This^^ Doubt they're running those blocks inside the tire with the wheel mounted. Sometimes when a new tire is shipped, it's squeezed flat from being stacked. Spreading the sidewalls apart makes it easier to seat up on a wheel. The tire is left like this for a while, the blocks are removed, and the tire mounted up. We've never used any kind of foam block or anything. Usually just use inner tubes in the same process.

StrizzyChris

My question is, if you took the time to stuff this tire just for this thread. If so I commend your dedication to this site. :thumbup::D

2014 JKUR

LMAO! I can't take credit...I found the pic a while back and stole it from the interwebs ;)

^^This^^ Doubt they're running those blocks inside the tire with the wheel mounted. Sometimes when a new tire is shipped, it's squeezed flat from being stacked. Spreading the sidewalls apart makes it easier to seat up on a wheel. The tire is left like this for a while, the blocks are removed, and the tire mounted up. We've never used any kind of foam block or anything. Usually just use inner tubes in the same process.

Yes they do. Google it.

Top Bottom