Top question?

Freedom

I am not sure of the terminology. What is the reason/function of a jeep top with the slope from the roll bar down to the back gate instead of the top just being squared off at the back?

Thanks,

Freedom

Rccrwlr

Makes the jeep faster!! More aero dynamic. J/k.

After the Fordyce trip the only thing I can see is as the rear tire goes over a rock and if you have a tree etc on the other side a square top will hit and a TrexTop NX style top will not!

--rccrwlr.

I am not sure of the terminology. What is the reason/function of a jeep top with the slope from the roll bar down to the back gate instead of the top just being squared off at the back?

Thanks,

Freedom

First Off Welcome to the WAYALIFE. Stop by the give us a wave thread and give an introduction.

The big difference between the fast back soft tops and square is the frame or lack of on the fastback. The TrekTop NX is a frameless top that allows the for a quick transformation to a bikini top. Remove the back and side windows and you are running a bikini top. Additionally the top removal and installation is half the time on a frameless top. I took TrekTop NX completely off in less than 10 minutes and did not need help. Also storage is a lot easier since there is no bulky frame. Lastly is the look. I think the TrekTop NX just make Canvas look sexy.

Again Welcome to the WAYALIFE.

R/
Will

AlexwBlkJK

I have a question TOO...

I have a hard top and want a soft top to run occasionally (its DAMN hot in Houston till about Nov.):hot::hot:
BUT I really don't want to mess with all the soft top hardware (ie. door surrounds, clips and clamps - what a pain):banghead::banghead:
Is there a decent soft top that doesnt require all the extra stuff???? I like the Bestop trek NX...and it comes with all the hardware...
How about a top that just needs a head channel and tailgate bar?
SO much to learn about....:rock:
I guess I am just being a little lazy when it comes to having to take it off and put on the hard top..:D

I have a question TOO...

I have a hard top and want a soft top to run occasionally (its DAMN hot in Houston till about Nov.):hot::hot:
BUT I really don't want to mess with all the soft top hardware (ie. door surrounds, clips and clamps - what a pain):banghead::banghead:
Is there a decent soft top that doesnt require all the extra stuff???? I like the Bestop trek NX...and it comes with all the hardware...
SO much to learn about....:rock:
I guess I am just being a little lazy when it comes to having to take it off and put on the hard top..:D

The TrekTop NX is the most complete package you can purchase. Rampage has a cheaper top but you have to get the door surrounds and tailgate bar. By the time you add the other items you are cover the price of the TrekTop NX and still have enough for a 6 pack when you are done.

R/
Will

MTG

Caught the Bug

They make bikini tops that serve that purpose. However in my experience they flap around more than a true soft top. They are less expensive though.

Top Bottom