Air Intake for a JK 3.6

Rollover41

Im shopping for an Intake for my Wrangler Jk 3.6.
Im open to hear any recommendations on brands, and etc.
Looking for the one that I can gain more HP!!!!

Mikead40

Im shopping for an Intake for my Wrangler Jk 3.6.
Im open to hear any recommendations on brands, and etc.
Looking for the one that I can gain more HP!!!!
I'd guess this thread is probably going to be moved - but in the meantime...

I have an airaid and like it - but I've got nothing to compare it to (other than stock). I can't really say I got a real noticeable gain in HP until I paired it with a dynomax exhaust and superchips programmer.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I had the Volant snorkel which is basically their cai but with a snorkel top cover, which I liked. No improvement that I could see but it uses a huge filter with probably a 5" or more intake cone into the hard pipe to the throttle. I was going to change the top to the cai one but went back to stock for now.

Pilgrim55

I took my jeep in for some warranty work I was talking to the mechanic that was working on it he told me that changing the intake would not make any differences the 3.6 already had a good intake system on it he seem to be honest, and you really don't want to void the warranty on the engine.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Don't do it, as others have said, warranty will be voided. There is a thread here somewhere about a member who had the dealer install a Mopar CAI at the time of purchase. He had engine issues later on and they voided his engine warranty blaming the CAI for the failure. If you do put one on, take a look at your throttle body after 10,000-20,000 miles and see how black it is on the inside.

Trib

It depends on your dealership. The one I spoke to said the law states that they have to 100% prove that the modofication caused the failure in order to void your warranty. If they try to blow smoke up your *** just get a lawyer involved. 99% of the time they wont fight with you when a lawyer is involved. That and just keep your stock intake and swap it back in before you take it to the dealership for anything.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

SDG

Caught the Bug
It depends on your dealership. The one I spoke to said the law states that they have to 100% prove that the modofication caused the failure in order to void your warranty. If they try to blow smoke up your *** just get a lawyer involved. 99% of the time they wont fight with you when a lawyer is involved. That and just keep your stock intake and swap it back in before you take it to the dealership for anything.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I disagree. They have law firms on retainer (Chrysler, not your dealer), and they will push back, and can drag it out to the point that you will be out a lot of $$ before its all said and done. So unless you have deep pockets, prob not worth the risk.

Rollover41

The install time is "20 mins" buy every time you have to take it have to change it, is going to be a pain.....
And changing subject, if I install a lift kit voids my warranty too?

JayKay

Caught the Bug
The install time is "20 mins" buy every time you have to take it have to change it, is going to be a pain.....
And changing subject, if I install a lift kit voids my warranty too?

Lift kit will only void warranty on the parts replaced and/or parts that go bad often after lift is installed (driveshaft joint, ball joints, etc.) Of course, any dealership can flag your Jeep for anything if they wanna be a dick about it

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Lift kit will only void warranty on the parts replaced and/or parts that go bad often after lift is installed (driveshaft joint, ball joints, etc.) Of course, any dealership can flag your Jeep for anything if they wanna be a dick about it

I had my jeep at another location of the dealer it was purchased from for body work but also had them check it out for a noise, they called and said "well when they are built up blah blah blah and then something about being out of spec and factory covering it...." I was like yeah I know I still want it fixed lol.

Last edited:

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I had my jeep at another location of the dealer it was purchased from for body work but also had them check it out for a noise, they called and said "well when they are built up blah blah blah" yeah I don't think they even tried.

Yeah I got that a lot when my jeep was still under bumper to bumper. A lot of noises I've just lived with because it's not worth the hassle of trying to get the dealer to cover certain things.

jeeeep

Hooked
I used to use the oil filter but it's a PIA to clean ... I switched to a dry washable filter, it flows as well but much easier to clean.
When I'm in Moab I pack an extra filter for the drive home...but I do vacuum the filter out each day if it's extra dusty conditions...so much easier to clean then oil filters

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I used to use the oil filter but it's a PIA to clean ... I switched to a dry washable filter, it flows as well but much easier to clean.
When I'm in Moab I pack an extra filter for the drive home...but I do vacuum the filter out each day if it's extra dusty conditions...so much easier to clean then oil filters

which filter are you using now? I only have like 500 miles on my stock intake lol but wouldn't hurt to have this on hand.

Top Bottom