2.5 lift on 2010 rubicon

JKWrang

Are you sure its the drive shaft? Tour description is pretty vague.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mr. Rubi1

Sounds like it but I am going to remove it and see, I guess I just don't why it would be an issue with that little ol lift?

Mr. Rubi1

It's vibrating really bad when I push the clutch in, every gear. It only has 65000 miles on it, I just put the lift on 2 weeks age and has been fine until today

I gained a little over 3 inches in lift with the 2.5 inch coils. I have 23000 miles and both driveshaft boots are starting to fail. I would definitely check what you actually gained in lift. Can you take pics of the driveshaft and pinion angle? Mine made a strange noise until I purchased adjustable control arms.

tapcola

That doesn't look right to me .Can you get a photo from the front to the t-case ? So we can see the whole thing .It looks like to much to me .maybe some of the other guys will chime in after seeing the photo.

That does look like too much. Check the differential end. My noise was coming from the rear. You can use a angle measurement tool to check the angle of the driveshaft vs. the angle of the pinion. It should be almost the same. You may need to purchase upper control arms to correct it.

Mr. Rubi1

Fellow jeepers, thanks for all the input but guess what it was......... I guess I forgot to mention that I also got new rims and tires well the lug nuts I used that came with the set were coming off, I had at least 1 to 2 that were completely off after only a maybe a 100 miles of course I didn't realize it until after I took the drive shaft off! Well really appreciate the feedback. You guys are the best. Happy days!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Fellow jeepers, thanks for all the input but guess what it was......... I guess I forgot to mention that I also got new rims and tires well the lug nuts I used that came with the set were coming off, I had at least 1 to 2 that were completely off after only a maybe a 100 miles of course I didn't realize it until after I took the drive shaft off! Well really appreciate the feedback. You guys are the best. Happy days!

Glad you caught it. Make sure when you reinstall the lugs to torque them down to 95-100 ft lbs

thardy

Banned
Yeah, that could have been bad! Glad you caught it before hand. I had a buddy not be so lucky and totalled his vehicle. I've taken the habit of torquing all of my lug nuts every time the vehicle comes off the lift, whether the wheels came off or not. Better safe than sorry.

Sent from WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom