Need to get C gussets welded somewhere in Southern Oregon or Northern Califorina. Any

bkac

Caught the Bug
Like the title states I need to find a good place not to far away to weld my C's. Any ideas on where or maybe someone that might have a welder, likes telling Jeep stories, and likes beer. :D :thumbup:
I would like to get this done before my next trip in a month.

Sent from my SCH-I925 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Panda

Like the title states I need to find a good place not to far away to weld my C's. Any ideas on where or maybe someone that might have a welder, likes telling Jeep stories, and likes beer. :D :thumbup:

I'm sure David1ton can handle the task if you can hook up with him :yup:

David1tontj

Yeah- I'm not exactly southern oregon, but if you're up for a drive, I'm 4 hours north of the border, and I'm sure we can get them on there.

I know a couple other wayalifers further south with fab skills.. I'll see if I can find one closer.

JandSjk should know.

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

bkac

Caught the Bug
I could come on Monday and either drop off the axle and help you out or pick it up on Wednesday. Would something like that work for you?

David1tontj

I could come on Monday and either drop off the axle and help you out or pick it up on Wednesday. Would something like that work for you?

Is the axle not on the jeep? Are the ball joints in it?

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Is the axle not on the jeep? Are the ball joints in it?

It's basically brand new, 2000 miles on it. Dana 44. I was going to pull it this weekend and yes the ball joints are in it. What are your thoughts?

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

bkac

Caught the Bug
No need to pull the axle for gussets. More work than needed.

I'm doing coilovers at the same time so an extra 30 mins and its out. I also have to go there for work so I can toss it on the back of the work truck and save 600 miles of gas. :thumbup:

I'm doing coilovers at the same time so an extra 30 mins and its out. I also have to go there for work so I can toss it on the back of the work truck and save 600 miles of gas. :thumbup:

There isn't and reason to remove axle to install the coilovers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

bkac

Caught the Bug
There isn't and reason to remove axle to install the coilovers.

Lol
I understand that. Just looking for someone I trust to weld my C's without killing my ball joints and its really not that bad to pull the front axle. I think I'm going to do lower control arm skids too.

David1tontj

It's basically brand new, 2000 miles on it. Dana 44. I was going to pull it this weekend and yes the ball joints are in it. What are your thoughts?

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

I was curious about the ball joints only because the right way to do it is to not have the ball joints in.. People do it with them in usin cool rags- it just makes it take way longer.

I have not done them before, I just wanted to get info before diving in. I assume you would have them all prepped and they just need to be burned on?

bkac

Caught the Bug
I was curious about the ball joints only because the right way to do it is to not have the ball joints in.. People do it with them in usin cool rags- it just makes it take way longer.

I have not done them before, I just wanted to get info before diving in. I assume you would have them all prepped and they just need to be burned on?

Yes, I'll have them ready. If you don't feel comfortable with the ball joints in I completely understand.

David1tontj

Yes, I'll have them ready. If you don't feel comfortable with the ball joints in I completely understand.

I'm sure we can make it work if we use wet rags, alternate sides to reduce heat, and hope of the best.

My wife has a meeting Monday night, so I have to watch the kids, but I think you can just drop it off and pick it back up Wednesday.

I'm sure we can make it work if we use wet rags, alternate sides to reduce heat, and hope of the best.

My wife has a meeting Monday night, so I have to watch the kids, but I think you can just drop it off and pick it back up Wednesday.

When I did it I left ball joints in and only did able 1" at a time on each side then let it cool. I never used wet rags or anything

bkac

Caught the Bug

Sounds like a plan, I'll PM you this weekend. Thanks a million

David1tontj

When I did it I left ball joints in and only did able 1" at a time on each side then let it cool. I never used wet rags or anything

I'm not too worried, just don't want to jack up someone else's ride.

Thanks for the heads up though.

Panda

I'm not too worried, just don't want to jack up someone else's ride.

Thanks for the heads up though.

Just have a cold beer for each 1/2 inch of welding :brows:

David1tontj

Just have a cold beer for each 1/2 inch of welding :brows:
Truth be told I don't drink very often at all.. When I do, it's just a coors light with pizza or burritos. On The rubicon trip I brought a ton of coors and my brother (4x4jesus) was too stuck up to drink it, so I had more that weekend than I had all year!

Make sure to bring David a nice strong IPA. LOL
You're a dick

Top Bottom